License Numbers FL, NY, MA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like NY is taking a break from issuing licenses today...
Looking that way. 

By my math, ASSUMING a distribution of those who passed the PE that corresponds to each state's population/US population, there are around 1000 newly minted PEs in ny. 

At yesterday's rate, we have about 20 days of this. 

Looking that way. 

By my math, ASSUMING a distribution of those who passed the PE that corresponds to each state's population/US population, there are around 1000 newly minted PEs in ny. 

At yesterday's rate, we have about 20 days of this. 
soooo we get the certificate in the mail too right? 

Wow, 1000 seems like a lot. You might be right though.

Has anyone thought about calling?

Wow, 1000 seems like a lot. You might be right though.

Has anyone thought about calling?
Yeah, it's a rough guess. I'd assume that we have a disproportionately small number of Aggies and petro engineers in ny, but who knows.....I believe Cornell has a pretty good AgE program. 

This question may have been asked before but how are you guys tracking which numbers are coming out?

I've just been typing in the next sequential number to be released. Currently, 097857

CA had less than 1000 new P.E.'s from this cycle. How many does NY normally get in a test cycle? I feel CA is in the high hundreds, but not usually over 1000.

CA had less than 1000 new P.E.'s from this cycle. How many does NY normally get in a test cycle? I feel CA is in the high hundreds, but not usually over 1000.
No idea. 

I simply (using rough numbers) divided the population of NY divided by the population of the US (all based off wikipedia), and multiplied that by the number of test takers that passed as provided by NCEES. Knowing NY, I would guess that we had a disproportionately small number of PEs due to the overwhelming number of people taking social justice basketweaving. 

I found out I passed last Aprils exam in Florida on May 19th and I received my PE number on June 20th. That's a bit over four weeks after finding out my results.

Back