Let the nervous countdown begin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys, for those of you who can actually see results on the NCEES website:

When I log onto My NCEES, currently all i see is the two exams towards the upper left, and green "APPROVED" boxes. Will those change to "PASS" or "FAIL" or do I need to click on something else to actually find out the results??

I guess California hasn't "released" them yet or something....but I want to know exactly how you all are seeing the pass/fail on My NCEES, if you would be so kind to explain lol. thanks!!!

You need to go into your exam history and check. If they have been updated, they should show on the front screen as "acceptable" etc.

Hmm. In the "My Dashboard" it shows both exams as "Approved", which it has said since I signed up for them and paid for.

Under "View Exam History", both of the exams have say "Scheduled" under "Status".

>.<

SE pass rates by component

The following pass rates from the October 2013 exam administration reflect the percentage of candidates who attained acceptable results by component. To pass the SE exam, acceptable results must be attained on both components.

Exam

First-time takers

Repeat takers

SE Vertical Component

50%

34%

SE Lateral Component

38%

43%

Interesting that the Lateral component has a higher pass rate by repeat takers...nice job, repeat taking guys!

Hmm. In the "My Dashboard" it shows both exams as "Approved", which it has said since I signed up for them and paid for.

Under "View Exam History", both of the exams have say "Scheduled" under "Status".

>.<

That "Scheduled" with a dash next to it will either change to "Acceptable" with a dash or "Unacceptable" with two files..

MA results still show as "Scheduled" with a dash...

Does anyone know if Illinois results are released through NCEES or are they only released through the state board?

Now that I have seen some of the results, I have become slightly terrified and lost some confidence

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks nateluke, good luck to you. Congrats cajone. Hang in there as well NH_Structural.

AM multiple choice has been kicking my butt on all 3 attempts as I am constantly hovering around 50%. If I had to guess, we'd need around 30/40 to pass, but who knows.

And yeah, still not liking the bias towards buildings. I think it's roughly a 75%/25% split between buildings/bridges.

For another perspective on this (from a buildings guy)...

I think it's more like 25% AASHTO, 75% all the other codes

So in that sense I don't think it's that unreasonable since there are about 9+/- primary codes that the exam requires you to be proficient with. So in that sense, AASHTO is an overwhelming majority of the problems. A lot of those problems you're lumping into the 75% on "buildings" aren't actually specific to buildings per se. But this is a common complaint among bridge folks from what I've seen.

Now that I have seen some of the results, I have become slightly terrified and lost some confidence

You and me both!

Though it is a little bit uplifting that the Repeat taker percentage went up. A small part of me thinks/hopes that I'm the one bringing that percentage up.

Really wish I didn't find out that some people were receiving results until maybe...after work? I'm having troubles paying attention and actually getting work done at the moment lol. The suspense is killing me now!!!

Since it's approaching 5pm on the east coast, is it safe to assume that all of the states that are going to release through NCEES today probably have already? I would hope that the NCEES employees would work late on days like today, but you never know.

Yeah, I'm starting to calm down now, figuring that if mine hasn't updated today yet, then it will be tomorrow, at the earliest. It is getting late, as you said. Ah well...guess I can actually get back to work then.

Thanks nateluke, good luck to you. Congrats cajone. Hang in there as well NH_Structural.

AM multiple choice has been kicking my butt on all 3 attempts as I am constantly hovering around 50%. If I had to guess, we'd need around 30/40 to pass, but who knows.

And yeah, still not liking the bias towards buildings. I think it's roughly a 75%/25% split between buildings/bridges.

For another perspective on this (from a buildings guy)...

I think it's more like 25% AASHTO, 75% all the other codes

So in that sense I don't think it's that unreasonable since there are about 9+/- primary codes that the exam requires you to be proficient with. So in that sense, AASHTO is an overwhelming majority of the problems. A lot of those problems you're lumping into the 75% on "buildings" aren't actually specific to buildings per se. But this is a common complaint among bridge folks from what I've seen.
You're right. It wasn't meant to be a stab at buildings folks. However, as a bridge person the predominant code we use on a day-to-day basis is AASHTO. I'd say the remaining codes are more relevant to buildings and thus, provide buildings exam takers an advantage.

@tziegler just logged onto the ncees website account & it has changed...I now see my results from the last SE attempts (before, ncees didn't show this)...still, on the CTS and ncees website, no Illinois results posted yet for October 2013

Back