Let the nervous countdown begin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassplayer45

Reaction score
Got my vertical SE results on December 18th last year, so I have officially begun the nervous countdown to results

really? damn, wish I didn't know that. I was always under the assumption I would be getting results in like January...probably mid-to-late January. But now I'm going to start checking daily hahahahaa

I'm in California, btw. Anyone else care to give any insight as to when they received results from NCEES, how long after your exam? And which state you are in?

I would be happy as hell to get a PASS PASS in mid-December. But I won't get my hopes up; I figure California will be painful and make us wait till the end bah

SE Vertical (10/28/11 in PA): Results on 1/6/12

SE Lateral (4/14/12 in PA): Results on 6/19/12

SE Lateral (4/13/13 in TX): Results on 6/13/13

I am in Indiana. We historically get our results first, right after Ohio usually. We are always right away. Pennsylvania has historically been one of the last states from talking to some friends

Yes, PA is one of the slowest. They never mind making their examinees wait it out. TX on the other hand, is usually one of the first states to report scores.

I haven't taken an exam with the new NCEES log-in ordeal, prior to this SE exam...Question:

When the results are "released", how is everyone typically notified? Email? Letter? Or can you log on to MY NCEES and somehow see the results there first?

Will the My NCEES log on show the results, even if your particular State hasn't officially "released" them?

I haven't taken an exam with the new NCEES log-in ordeal, prior to this SE exam...Question:

When the results are "released", how is everyone typically notified? Email? Letter? Or can you log on to MY NCEES and somehow see the results there first?

Will the My NCEES log on show the results, even if your particular State hasn't officially "released" them?

The process varies state by state.

Here in MA it goes like this. NCEES releases the results > The state reviews them for about a week and then gives NCEES the OK to show them > NCEES updates the account > within an hour or 2 NCEES sends me an email notifying me that my results have been posted.

So I have found that if i spam check my NCEES account I can find my results about 1-2 hours before I get the NCEES email.

Again it varies state by state so this may not be the case for CA.

Some people say that if you spam check the state website license lookup that you can see if you have been issued a license number before you are notified of your results...you would only be issued a license number if you passed obviously...

He is correct, each of the times I have found out, I randomly looked at my account around the time I thought results were going to be released and noticed it had been posted. about 3 hours later I got the email. I have not experienced how they are released with the new system yet unfortunately, I assume they will get posted like before, just different visual format

NCEES Licensure Exchange for December 2013 just came out and states that the SE Exam Scoring Workshop is being held 12/5 to 12/7 of this week: http://ncees.org/about-ncees/licensure-exchange/licensure-exchange-december-2013/

Last year, the scoring workshop was held 12/6/12 to 12/8/12 and SE results were released to member licensing boards on 12/17/12: http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/update-on-october-2012-exam-results/

So if last year is any indication to speculate (and I'm purely speculating here), then SE results should be released to state boards some time the week of December 16th. Hopefully Thanksgiving being late this year doesn't push back the release of results after the holidays.....

Sheesh. So you're telling me they grade all of the afternoon hand-written Depth PM problems in 2 days...?

Doesn't seem like enough time to me...please guys, look closely at my answers and give me some slack for sloppy writing lol

It's usually 3 days (Thursday - Saturday). Not sure why their website is saying 2 days this time around. December Licensure Exchange (see post #9 above) listed it as the usual 3 days...

Hmm, wow, just noticed that the re-file date in CA is Jan 6. Meaning, we absolutely must be getting results before then. I don't know why, but I really thought it was going to take longer than that. This is all very consistent with everything you all said above, regarding past recent exams. Thanks for the info, all.

Welp, as the OP stated, "Let the nervous countdown begin" !!

Hmm, wow, just noticed that the re-file date in CA is Jan 6. Meaning, we absolutely must be getting results before then. I don't know why, but I really thought it was going to take longer than that. This is all very consistent with everything you all said above, regarding past recent exams. Thanks for the info, all.

Welp, as the OP stated, "Let the nervous countdown begin" !!
I suppose each state licensing board will do their own thing upon receipt of the results from NCEES. But my gut thinks that NCEES will release the results to state boards before the holidays, hopefully the week of December 16th. Especially since all other exams (PE, PS, FE & FS) were already released middle of this past week.

Come onnnn NCEES -- stay strong -- get those grades input and posted! I'm dying here!

My boss' son confirmed they were graded this past weekend. He goes to Clemson and said they literally had a building locked off, tape on the doors, no one allowed in etc.

Maybe they didn't want anyone coming out either since they allegedly graded the afternoon problems in 2 days (as opposed to 3 days in previous years).

Poor graders probably weren't even allowed to see the light of day and had to sleep inside the building Friday night.

Back