Let the nervous countdown begin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took Day 1 & Day 2 in April 12 & 13 2013 in Illinois.

On the CTS website, Day 1 results were released online on 6/17/13 or 6/18/13.

On the CTS website, Day 2 results were released online on 6/20/13.

Basically, in Illinois in April 2013, I got results at 9.9 weeks from the test days.

Official results were mailed later the next week.

Since less people took it in Illinois in October 2013 in comparison to April 2013 (I counted the tables), i'm assuming we get them sooner than 9.9 weeks.

@tenguy23, in Illinois they released the Vertical and Lateral results on different days? That seems crazy to me. Luckily I haven't heard of any other states doing that.

I know a guy that took the SE in October 2011.
NCEES Grading Workshop: Dec 2-3

Results Released: Dec 19th

That year it took 2 weeks after the grading workshop. It appears that NCEES has shortened the time between the workshop and the release in more recent years. I'm estimating that the results will be released the week of Dec 16th.

@ bhenning it was very strange...the website had "Pass" for the vertical, and it was empty for the lateral.

Then, a few days later, both "results" were posted..."Pass" for my vertical & "Fail" for my Lateral.

I just assumed i was refreshing in the middle of the person entering in the data...I never assume it's official until I got the email from CTS saying results were posted, but in this case, the "early" posting was consistent with the final results.

I just sent the following message via LiveChat on NCEES around 3:55 PM central time. No response and then a few minutes later, the chat closed. Must have been 5:00 PM out there...

"Since the SE exam results are the only ones left to be released and the SE exam scoring workshop was held this past weekend, is their any chance SE exam results will be released to state boards by the end of this week?"

NCEES told me in a chat that they are hoping to release results late next week... For PCS states, that means we may not know until Xmas week (12/23).

I swear, I'm going to turn into Chevy Chase receiving his jelly of the month club certificate if I find out I Failed!

What are "PCS States"?

And, is California one of them?

getting dished out a FAIL-FAIL right before Christmas would be killer >.<

I don't think the PCS States have even gotten their PE results yet! The first states reported their PE results on December 4th. If NCEES doesn't release the results to the state boards until late next week, I bet the PCS states won't get their SE results until January.

@JDstruc, California is not a PCS state. I believe the PCS states are CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, and WI. At least that's what the PE Results Forum lists.

PCS is a third-party administrator of the exam... In VA we have to schedule our exam thru PCS and they validate the results prior to sending to NCEES. Not sure about CA.

Just logged into NCEES and saw my results: Failed Lateral (Bridge) for 3rd time

AM: 20/40

PM: Acceptable on all 3 problems (did this as well on 2nd attempt back in April 2013)

Yes. NCEES may not announce it till tomorrow. For the PE, the 1st wave of states released results on 12/4. NCEES made their official website announcement on 12/5.

PM: Acceptable on all 3 problems (did this as well on 2nd attempt back in April 2013)

That sucks. Hang in there. Not that any of us know the passing score, but I think you are pretty close...just a few more in the AM.

Last time I failed (3rd try) I failed Lateral Bridge with 21/40 AM + 3 Acceptable PM.

I'm still waiting to hear how I did my 4th try...MA hasn't posted yet.

Those building problems in the AM are tough on us bridge guys...

October 2013 SE Pass rates out now; Vertical--50%, Lateral--38%. Down a couple points from last year I believe.

Sorry to hear that.

Just got my results -- Passed the Lateral (structures).

Finally done.

Thanks nateluke, good luck to you. Congrats cajone. Hang in there as well NH_Structural.

AM multiple choice has been kicking my butt on all 3 attempts as I am constantly hovering around 50%. If I had to guess, we'd need around 30/40 to pass, but who knows.

And yeah, still not liking the bias towards buildings. I think it's roughly a 75%/25% split between buildings/bridges.

Back