LEED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a computer test. I have never taken a computer test, but I have heard of them. Is this like the GRE where you are not able to skip questions and go back? In other words, are you required to answer a question in order to proceed to the next?

has anyone who has passed the LEED 2.2 NC used the practice problems/exam/flash cards that are available? if so, where they helpful?

goingtopass,

I didn't use the flash cards. What I did do is take a blank spreadsheet and fill in all of the credits information. It ended up being about 18 pages on 11x17 paper and then I made a three page shorter version with the nuts and bolts of each credit that I carried around in my pocket so I could review when I found I had some down time.

I would also suggest you know the roles and responsibilities of people in the process. Understand the innovation of design portion and some of the ways to get those credits (fly ash in concrete, educational signage, green housekeeping etc.)

-Ray

Just got done taking the test and passed with a 173 (170 min.) Thanks for the tips Ray!!!! I figured taking another test would keep my mind off of the PE results, but it didn't and my studying really suffered, but I guess it was enough to pass.

I agree with Ray. I didn't purchase any additional study material other than the reference guide, there is a lot of free and useful information out there, and I can see (although I didn't personally do it) making your own study sheets or cards helps to memorize the material. I know I shouldn't be posting a link on here, but the info on the site is VERY beneficial, kinda what this board is except primarily for Architects. http://www.areforum.org/forums/forum12/ There is all kinds of tips there if you have the time to do some research.

I see they have a "Green Basics: Intro to LEED" course and a technical review.

Can you just jump into the tech review? Is that what you have done?

WOOT. after postponing it in december (after completely failing to do any studying at all)... I just took the exam, and got 183! very happy. now that that is over... what exam should I look into next...

/not sure the husband can deal with the stress of me taking all these exams. LOL

Congrats Raane!

In the fall I may start taking building inspector classes (the exam modules are also offered at a similar facility to the place where I took the LEED).

Congrats Raane !! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

How many hours did you put into studying?

Once I wrap up this grad project, I am going to start studying for the LEED AP exam.

JR

Congrats Raane !! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:
How many hours did you put into studying?

Once I wrap up this grad project, I am going to start studying for the LEED AP exam.

JR
I put in more time than i should. Its really daunting when you hear that you have to earn 170 / 200, but its not a direct percentage. (otherwise 183 would be 91%) - i know that the highest i did in any catagory was 89%, and in one category it was down to 67%. (i would guess there were only 3 questions in that category, and that i missed 1)...

anyway - the most important thing would be to understand teh credits and how they work together, as well as understanding the whole leed certification process. if you know how to run a project, and how to direct credits to work together, you shoudl be good.

Know teh standards that the credits rely on (at least, be able to pick them out of a multiple choice question) - and know the percentages by which credits are earned.

I kept putting stuff off over and over again, adn really only did 2 weeks of hard studying...

Congrats, Raanne. I have procrastinated and need to get going. Thanks for the insight. I need to set a date.

^ I just took the LEED for new construction exam this morning and passed. They do a god job with the computerized exam set up. I really liked being able to flag questions for later review and how the computer wouldn't accept a response with the incorrect number of answers picked.

Studying for it wasn't all that bad. Did about 15 hours a week for 4 weeks. Read the reference guide cover to cover and highlighted key areas. Did the practice problems and sample exam from PPI. Brought a cheat sheet with me wherever I went and reviewed it when I had a few minutes.

It took me longer to drive to the exam site than it did to take the actual exam!

^ I just took the LEED for new construction exam this morning and passed. They do a god job with the computerized exam set up. I really liked being able to flag questions for later review and how the computer wouldn't accept a response with the incorrect number of answers picked.
Studying for it wasn't all that bad. Did about 15 hours a week for 4 weeks. Read the reference guide cover to cover and highlighted key areas. Did the practice problems and sample exam from "the other board". Brought a cheat sheet with me wherever I went and reviewed it when I had a few minutes.

It took me longer to drive to the exam site than it did to take the actual exam!
Congratulations! Do you have any tips to share with us?

A few people from my company are thinking of taking it. (They want to be cool like me.) So I jotted down some thoughts on it when I got back to work today. I'll copy and paste those up tomorrow.

VTE,

Congrats +1 !! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

Maryannette,

Once I wrap up my crazy grad project - we are on like donkey kong to take this exam!! :plusone:

JR

Congrats, VTE. I'll hopefully pass it later this year.
JR and Mary:

It's very do-able assuming you can straight up memorize random stuff. No experience with building design or complex calcs.

I do straight up site civil and have only been involved with 1 or 2 LEED projects and I got a solid score.

It's basically just a feather in your cap, but a very popular buzz word feather at this point.

A few people from my company are thinking of taking it. (They want to be cool like me.) So I jotted down some thoughts on it when I got back to work today. I'll copy and paste those up tomorrow.

Had a chance to do this yet?

I'm signed up for the Technical Review Workshop next Wednesday. I'd like to take the exam the next week after that.

Any pointers, ideas, hints, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Back