LEED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am taking the tests tomorrow (LEED GA and AP O+M)... I did not study as much as I wanted to but I am hoping for the best!

The core looks really simple. Don't see any reason why I SHOULDN'T take the GA by next month or so..

QUOTE (DaveW @ Sep 19 2011, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you want the extra credential? I took the test before 2009 to avoid the hassle of maintenance. I get emails enticing me to add a credential, when all it really adds up to is just more $$$ for USGBC. Unless something has changed, Legacy LEED-AP is all you need to work on a LEED project. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You don't need any credential to work on a LEED project. The only time it comes into play is if you are seeking the 'bonus' point in the ID category. LEED 2012 draft has a note that you will need a LEED AP with the specialty of the project as well as two other current LEED professionals, either GA or AP with specialty... Long story short, when LEED 2012 launches, 'legacy' AP's will no longer be able to earn that point. If that is worth something to you, enrollment may be a good idea. For most, hard to say if it holds enough value to outweigh the maintenance.
This is what I came in to ask. Has anything changed since then or is it still the same? I used to be an HVAC engineer where it might have made a difference, but I am completely out of that field now. I am a legacy AP and never did the maintenance to upgrade to BD+C.

Same here. I didn't bother with the bd/bs+c because I didn't want to deal with the maintenance. I let someone else worry about that. I don't see the advantage for me.

One thing with this: LEED AP+ (e.g. BD+C, O+M, etc) are required for the innovation point. If you only have legacy LEED APs on a project team you will not earn the point for having a LEED AP on the team.

ETA: I seem to have missed the discussion above about this same topic. D'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
My company was on a mission to generate as many leed ap business cards as possible. I tried to get leed removed from my business card when I got my PE. Short story long, they said no.

I got my leed and just haven't asked for new cards. As long as they say PE I'm fine with it as-is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone taken the V4 LEED AP BD+C. I'm currently studying for it and I have a long way to go. There's too much to memorize but I'm willing to give it a shot.

If anyone can provide any insight (topics to focus on, study materials,, etc), that would be great!

You need to study it all, know the website, LEED online, etc.

The project experience requirement was removed because it was too hard to verify, so when the exam was prepared, the experience portion was built into the exam .... so the more experience you have, the better you will do in the exam.

There are about 13 pages worth of this information in this thread.

Back