Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Binge watched Into The Badlands.   Meh..  It was something to watch while I wait to binge watch Picard with my free cbs trial....

only couple more weeks to go...

Is Better call Saul worth watching?  I think I watched a few episodes when it came out, but maybe it was too soon after breaking bad... having a hard time finding something to get into these days...
Meh. We tried a few seasons but it never stuck with us.

started the final season of man in the high castle, previous season were extremely slow but this one is moving at a good pace 2 episodes in.

Still need to force myself to do that, but that means I'll either have to re-watch or find a good synopsis of the previous seasons. 

Planning on starting Altered Carbon season 2 this weekend, though I'm not a big fan of their "we're going to change the main actor every season" approach.

We also started watching Orphan Black, but man, I can't get into it no matter how hard I try.

I scanned through the Wikipedia episode summary of last season to refresh the story - its fairly decent.

& I think Comcast is doing something I predicted  years ago....  They are upping our internet bill from $99 to $125 a month but are willing to give us full cable and same internet for $90 (for 12 months). And if we act now well get a new toaster!!! 😉 We dont have any other real alternative for internet in our area - but I think I may take it - we already shit-canned netflix, obviously I am to 1st world to live without amazon prime...I am sure in a year well have to do the call and cancel thing, but I always thought the cable companies could fight off the never ending multiplication of the streaming companies by just cheapening cable and internet...

*has not had amazon prime for 2-years*  I have Netflix, but share with my parents, so I can't get rid of that.  I have a sub-account on my sister's hulu for random cooking shows.  I mostly use youtube to watch video game longplays since I'd much rather read on my phone.

As for combining cable/internet...I think Spectrum is doing that as well.  I currently have internet for $45/mo since it's just me using it and I don't need crazy speeds or anything. They keep sending me offers to get internet + cable for $45/mo for a year, but I don't want cable and don't want a cable box or anything?  I know in September it's going to be interesting when I try to keep internet-only.

I think I'm spoiled here since I get 1Gbps fiber internet for $67/mo.

I could get 10Gbps for only $299/mo, but I don't think many consumer devices can even do anything with that speed at the moment lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for combining cable/internet...I think Spectrum is doing that as well.  I currently have internet for $45/mo since it's just me using it and I don't need crazy speeds or anything. They keep sending me offers to get internet + cable for $45/mo for a year, but I don't want cable and don't want a cable box or anything?  I know in September it's going to be interesting when I try to keep internet-only.
I keep getting the offers from Spectrum too, but whenever I read the fine print, I could have sworn it was always $45 each, not $45 for both.

I keep getting the offers from Spectrum too, but whenever I read the fine print, I could have sworn it was always $45 each, not $45 for both.
You're correct, it's $45/ea for bare bones shit.

Spectrum is the only viable ISP where I live, and I'd rather set my nuts on fire than give them another dime of my money.  Once a bunch of the shows we watch finish out their final seasons, we're going to end up dropping DirecTV while we're at it and going with Hulu Premium + Live.  That alone will save us something stupid like $200/mo.  Hulu has literally every channel we watch with the exception of HBO, Showtime, and DIY, all three of which are available as add-ons.

We have our internet through Spectrum but we also just switched over to them for our cell phones too.  Still uses the Verizon towers so coverage is the same, but the unlimited is a lot cheaper unless you start getting more than 4 lines.

Cincinnati Bell just ran fiber in our area not too long ago so I suppose we've got another option now, but I've heard more complaints about them than Spectrum.

Our only other option is Century Link, and its terrible (Sounds a lot like Spectrum) I think its only good if the people in the house are over 75 and just use the internet for crossword puzzles....

Google Fiber wanted to come in but they want the taxpayers to pay them to install the lines and then charge us for internet. Sounds like a Bernie Sanders idea to me - 

Our only other option is Century Link, and its terrible (Sounds a lot like Spectrum) I think its only good if the people in the house are over 75 and just use the internet for crossword puzzles....

Google Fiber wanted to come in but they want the taxpayers to pay them to install the lines and then charge us for internet. Sounds like a Bernie Sanders idea to me - 
Louisville got Google Fiber.  They did a lot of the infrastructure work, and a lot of customers were already getting service.  Then Google Fiber pulled out.  Cancelled all current customers.  Said "keep the shit." And left.  I wasn't a customer, yet.  But I'm pissed because I would have dropped Spectrum like a bad habit to get Google Fiber.

I just dont know why they (google) think they should get help putting in their own infrastructure to then in turn make money - I think they want to make the revenue but didn't really understand how much it cost to install conduit and fiber all over the place..

I watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious on Netflix and liked it! Mr. Leggo enjoyed it too, and he wasn't expecting to!

I think I saw some Bat and Pangolin bites in the frozen food aisle, next to an opened container of Totino's Pizza Rolls.  That was about all they had left in the frozen food section.  

Started watching Better than Us (Лучше, чем люди) on Netflix.  Really enjoying it!  It's a Russian killer robot drama series that, somehow, makes the robots not the main point?  Made me realize how much 'non-smoking' had become apparent in American movies/television series.  It's all about smoking, popped collars, and trying to entrap your husband so you get sole custody of this children and can run off to Australia. Hoping I can finish it up either tonight or tomorrow after work as a 'calm down'.

Back