Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No HBO - but his other series that is on was pretty bad - I think it was Castle Rock?

I wonder if Disney could put ESPN on Disney+?  or if there are some agreements with other on demand services?

Watched the first two episodes of "The Outsider" this weekend.  Been good so far, hopefully it doesn't go off the rails.  I just wish HBO would get with the times and release it as a series ala Netlix instead of an episode per week.

Finished Breaking Bad.  The rave reviews are thoroughly justified.  It's one of the very few shows where the writing/acting stayed strong through all the seasons and the finale was awesome yet completely logical.

Damn i cancelled my Netflix just before the last season of the Ranch came out :(

I think I have used all my CC for the free month, I think my elder 2 have credit cards, may have to get one of them to step up to the plate! 

I watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary series.  It was pretty good.  I mean, obviously a lot of 'he might have been gay?  whaaat?' and 'football made him crazy due to cranial injuries', which kinda felt like they strayed from the point, but I enjoyed it.  Was good to listen to while I was reading a book.

Watched the first two episodes of "The Outsider" this weekend.  Been good so far, hopefully it doesn't go off the rails.  I just wish HBO would get with the times and release it as a series ala Netlix instead of an episode per week.
I have enjoyed the first three episodes and got hooked early.  If the story goes past the first season, then I will just read the book.  I have enjoyed Stephen King's books, but the movies adaptions go from good, so-so, to terrible (Maximum Overdrive is awful).  However, Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favorites.  IMHO, Mini Series based on his books fare better.

I could not get into the "Castle Rock" series though.  

Does it uncover any other murders by him?
Just the Boston double homicide (which they 'proved' he didn't do) and the standard killing another football player.  I feel like they should have added another episode or two to the series and paced things out a bit more.  It was kinda all over the place and when I finished I wasn't really like 'ah, yes, I learned something/feel differently'.  And there was one guy who 'was in a relationship' with Hernandez in high school that they gave waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much screen time to.  I would have rather they switched it to people he actually knew during the time of the murders or to medical professionals to explain how being closeted (and being under that stress of hiding yourself while under national media attention) combined with the affects of CTE might have had a larger influence on the murders than noted (aka: JK just made a better series than Netflix).

i started watching Fargo - Season 1 - Not sure how I missed this but its pretty good so far!

We watched the Bikram documentary, about the complete whackadoodle yoga instructor.  What a scummy, lying, colossal douchebag that guy is.  Worth watching just to hear the guy, and confirm everything you ever thought true about people who live in California.

We watched the Bikram documentary, about the complete whackadoodle yoga instructor.  What a scummy, lying, colossal douchebag that guy is. 
I haven't seen this but did listen to the ESPN 30 for 30 that was done on it. It was incredibly interesting and a very good dive into a story I had otherwise been totally unaware of. The guy, Bikram, is exactly what you described him as and many more horrible things. Everything, absolutely everything he did, from the start of publicizing "Bikram yoga" is super sketchy and terrible.

Is he still hiding out in central/South America to avoid getting into trouble in the U.S.?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this but did listen to the ESPN 30 for 30 that was done on it. It was incredibly interesting and a very good dive into a story I had otherwise been totally unaware of. The guy, Bikram, is exactly what you described him as and many more horrible things. Everything, absolutely everything he did, from the start of publicizing "Bikram yoga" is super sketchy and terrible.

Is he still hiding out in central/South America to avoid getting into trouble in the U.S.?
Yes.  But I think he's moved to Europe/Barcelona recently?

I also watched that documentary, with my mom, cuddled up in bed at the end of December.  He's just creepy.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think they said he's in Mexico, but also did one in Spain.  Every one of his claims was totally bogus, from his copyrighted moves to his most prestigious clients.  How nobody's boyfriend/husband/father ever beat the shit out of the guy over the years after what he did is beyond me.  

The wife and I are picking back up Brooklyn 99. Stopped at season 6 a while ago. I forgot how funny it was!

We watched Locke and Key.  A bit cheesy, but interesting enough.

Now watching Handmaid's Tale since Mrs. Supe watched it without me.  

Is Better call Saul worth watching?  I think I watched a few episodes when it came out, but maybe it was too soon after breaking bad... having a hard time finding something to get into these days...

Back