Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished season 2 of Future Man on Hulu. I still like it and want to see where it goes, but gosh if it doesn't feel like it won't be renewed. 

I'm sure I'm very late to this series but wife finally got me to watch Blacklist and I am hooked.  Trying to binge but not succeeding though I've managed 4 episodes in the last day and a half...

you can probably get in an episode at lunch if you park outside a starbucks and use their wifi!  ;)  

anyone watch Expanse or The Expanse on Amazon Prime?  Looks like a mars vs earth science fiction flick?

The Expanse is one of my favorite shows. Well produced and researched. It probably has the most true physics of any science fiction product since 2001: Space Odyssey. You shouldn't expect a militaristic planet vs planet actionfest. It's more about how disruptive technology effects geopolotics (solar politics?), socio-economics, and human tribalism.

The Expanse is really good. I only watched Seasons 1 and 2, though. Been planning on re-watching so I can get into Season 3. The building plots and relationships were complicated enough that I feel like I need to watch again, but maybe we can manage with the re-cap episode.

It's not boring at all - tons of action. It's just fairly realistic action, which makes it even better. 

The Expanse is really good. I only watched Seasons 1 and 2, though. Been planning on re-watching so I can get into Season 3. The building plots and relationships were complicated enough that I feel like I need to watch again, but maybe we can manage with the re-cap episode.

It's not boring at all - tons of action. It's just fairly realistic action, which makes it even better. 
Glad I didn't watch it then.  Doesn't sound like a good show to have on in the background while I'm working!

Doesn't sound like a good show to have on in the background while I'm working!
It's a show that requires near full attention.

and 2001 Space Odyssey was a gigantic snooze fest...
Zero argument there. That movie could have been reduced to 20-25 minutes, and the audience would have missed nothing.

The Expanse is certainly not boring. The battles including: weaponry, ship movements and combat maneuvers are based on Newtonian physics in vacuum. Gravity, or lack thereof, is always considered in the production of the show; and their means of achieving "artificial gravity" is  based on thrust or rotation.

Watched several of the Mars episodes.  5-6 episodes into it they became pretty boring, but the first several mixed the documentary and drama good enough to keep all 5 of us interested.  Introducing the young-uns to the Terminator.  They thought the all metal Arnold was pretty cheesy, but were overall impressed with it "for being from the '80's" as my 15 yr old said.  Should watch T2 soon.  I expect rave reviews.  Its from the '90's afterall. 

My son and I have been enjoying the crap out of the new seasons of Mystery Science Theater 3k.  Some of the bad movies are unsalvageably bad (Avalanche), but some are so bad they are outstanding entertainment (Mac & Me)

Well I finally caved. Started watching game of thrones on Sunday morning. Was up till 1130 Sunday night still watching. It  pains me to say it, but it is fantastic. Already hate a few people (I got to middle of season 2) I hate sansa, the queen (obvio) joffrey (cause poor little butcher boy and the dire wolf did not deserve to die) and the woman of the light jerk face. Honestly dont mind the imp, he is pretty funny tbh. The whole series so far reminds me of the game skyrim. 

Well I finally caved. Started watching game of thrones on Sunday morning. Was up till 1130 Sunday night still watching. It  pains me to say it, but it is fantastic. Already hate a few people (I got to middle of season 2) I hate sansa, the queen (obvio) joffrey (cause poor little butcher boy and the dire wolf did not deserve to die) and the woman of the light jerk face. Honestly dont mind the imp, he is pretty funny tbh. The whole series so far reminds me of the game skyrim. 

When you're ready, there's a thread for this. 

Back