Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler alert! :ppppp

I started saying "WHAT'S IN THE BOXXXXXXXXXXX" when I want to be dramatic, and I've got my husband saying it, though he's never seen it. I'm like, you probably will find this way less cute once you realize what the actual reference is.
I guess I thought everyone had seen it by now. Oh well. I will edit my post, so it will be on you (unless you do too).

Yes! The one on Hulu focuses more on how it was a unrealistic disaster from the get-go, and the social media culture that led to it even happening in the first place.  They interview Billy McFarland too.  His pupils are dilated af and he comes across as a complete douchebag, surprise surprise.

I liked that pilot, just how practical he was - so of course they forced him out. 
I'VE GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT.  Do you know what it is called?  And Billy looked like a total douche, and acted like one, the whole time.  I literally was like, "Ugh, he's like that one character from Pitch Perfect played by Adam DeVine, who was a totally asshole and ditched everyone when he got his way."

And the pilot made me happy.  Especially when he was going over sewer plans and was like, "Original island isn't going to cut it.  You're going to need a thousand port-a-johns"

I'VE GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT.  Do you know what it is called?  And Billy looked like a total douche, and acted like one, the whole time.  I literally was like, "Ugh, he's like that one character from Pitch Perfect played by Adam DeVine, who was a totally asshole and ditched everyone when he got his way."

And the pilot made me happy.  Especially when he was going over sewer plans and was like, "Original island isn't going to cut it.  You're going to need a thousand port-a-johns"
It's called Fyre Fraud! I think you'll like it.  I feel like I could watch another 10 of these and still feel fascinated by what went down.

They also interview a guy from Fuck Jerry responsible for the social media posts - really interesting. 

I watched the Netflix Fyre Festival documentary too.  I know they really push the "don't make fun of the people attending, it wasn't their fault" take on it, but I have to feel that anyone who makes vacation plans based on "Instagram Influencers" peddling it deserves what they get.

Watched IO on Netflix last night.

Don't waste your time. That movie was worse than Bright.

Watched IO on Netflix last night.

Don't waste your time. That movie was worse than Bright.
Agreed.  Watched it, was thinking, "when is ANYTHING of interest going to happen?"  Then it was over.

Halfway through Punisher S2 - not bad but no where as good as S1 - maybe the ending will get better...

Anyone watch Atypical? I know we have some parents of kids on the spectrum here - I enjoy the show but I admit it makes me a little uncomfortable. I think the show's heart is in the right place but I don't know how it would be received?

@Road Guy I tried to watch Atypical and it made me really...uncomfortable?  I don't know if that's the right word, but I have a brother who is high functioning autistic/mid-level on the spectrum, and the whole series kinda made me feel like they cherry-picked specific things to have the main character have and went to an extreme with it.  Like, my brother has sensory issues, but not every time he becomes overwhelmed turns into a meltdown (but that wouldn't sell the series), and if I ever asked him something philosophical he'd get really frustrated/non-verbal.  The series is, I think, more of someone with Asperger's who they tried to market as being lower on the spectrum but it doesn't work that way?

Maybe I'm being too critical, but a lot of it felt forced...And as someone with an older brother who has Autism (he's turning 33, but the series does touch on the whole younger sister-older brother relationship), having to take the role of caretaker/holding his hand when we see big crowds, and hearing him talk about finding a girlfriend someday/having crushes, I was not able to make it through the first episode without getting a bad taste in my mouth.

The series on that psychopathic killer is an insult to all his victims. Refuse to watch that trash.

finished up S2 of Punisher - ended better than it started.  and gong to cancel Netflix for a few months, they seem to keep inching up their priced so just taking a few months off to 'get my money back' (partially)

Mini Dex #2 and I binged the first season of Titans yesterday. I mostly saw the first half then got caught up in chores so I missed the last few episodes. Is there a reason why DC is so dark?  Other than that, it was a decent series. Mostly just back-story and character development stuff. Seems like they're trying to build into a longer-term series.

Started watching Mars on Netflix last night.

It's kinda weird. Half of the 1st episode is a documentary talking about real life stuff with Space-X and the other half is a futuristic drama set in the year 2033.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back