Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe that is a Netflix thing (making the "law" look bad?) I cant recall the name but the Netflix show about the Unabomber kind of did they same thing, make the cops look like Barney Fife
That may have led them to pick up the series, but I doubt that they had anything to do with the way the documentary was produced.  It was filmed and produced over a 10 year period starting shortly after Avery was arrested for the murder.  I don't think Netflix commissioned the series...they just bought it when it was done.

The thing that got me when it came out was how the police/prosecutor just kept saying there was more evidence and he was definitely guilty.  My thought was, well then you better give more info than that because the series makes them look really bad.

The thing that got me when it came out was how the police/prosecutor just kept saying there was more evidence and he was definitely guilty.  My thought was, well then you better give more info than that because the series makes them look really bad.
I've read up on it a little bit, and there was some pretty damning stuff left out of Making a Murderer.  There were sweat stains on the Rav4 hood latch and battery cable that matches Avery's DNA.  There were also a series of phone calls from Avery's home phone to Halbach's cell phone with 2 using *67 to mask the caller's number before the murder, and one without using *67 after the murder to establish an alibi that Halbach never showed up to take the pictures of the van.  I got the sense even while I was watching the documentary that it was horribly one-sided and leaving out some pertinent details.  I'm not 100% convinced Avery didn't do it, but it was still some exceptionally shoddy police work.

Dassey on the other hand should never have even been taken to trial over his confession, much less convicted.  There was 0 physical evidence placing him at the scene of the crime, and I don't see how any juror watched the tapes of the investigators telling Brendan what to say and concluded that his confession was valid.

I watched Idaho the Movie Part 2 last night (on Amazon Prime, because I am a loser).  It's not as good as part 1, but it still leads me to believe I could hike all over the state and never need to go anywhere else, even if I were to repeat a trail or two (there would be no need, only desire).

2nd season of Legion. I really enjoyed this season's self-fulfilling prophecy between the Syds and how they made that not change the fact that David is delusional.

burned through the current season of the Ranch, I still like this show, but I think this past season was a tad too much on the serious side- hopefully they just get back to being funny! & bring back Fez!!

Watching Ash vs The Evil Dead. I tried watching it a while back by myself and got scared (haha). I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get back into it! It’s got everything I love about Evil Dead and Army of Darkness and Bruce Campbell. I just about wet myself when the chainsaw clicked onto Ash’s arm for the first time.

Got around to watching the latest season of “The Ranch”. Still liked it, but the ending with Rooster seemed like a cop-out. Almost like they were leaving an opening for home to come back.

Watching Ash vs The Evil Dead. I tried watching it a while back by myself and got scared (haha). I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get back into it! It’s got everything I love about Evil Dead and Army of Darkness and Bruce Campbell. I just about wet myself when the chainsaw clicked onto Ash’s arm for the first time.
giphy.gif

Season 1: Trump an american dream (4 episodes: Manhattan, The Gambler, Citizen Trump, Politics)

Working through Orange is the New Black.

We re-started with Season 3 and am almost done with season 6. Based on what I've seen online, Season 7 may be the last if/when it's released.

I fell asleep during s2 EP1 of Goliath so hope it gets better!

The wife started watching OITNB - have caught a few episodes but definitely not that interesting to me - and I am even to the point where I have seen everything on Netflix and have started watching those Adam Sandler Netflix movies //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png

How does a 1 year sentence get extended for 6 seasons?

I’m hopeful this jack Ryan series will be good - not sure if Tom Clancy had any involvement prior to his death.

He's been dead a long time....

But yeah, I am hopeful, too, because if it is done right it will be awesome.

Finished Season 1 of Spartacus.  It's ok but that's about it.  Not sure if I'm ready to commit the hours needed to finish the remaining seasons.

I fell asleep during s2 EP1 of Goliath so hope it gets better!

The wife started watching OITNB - have caught a few episodes but definitely not that interesting to me - and I am even to the point where I have seen everything on Netflix and have started watching those Adam Sandler Netflix movies //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png

How does a 1 year sentence get extended for 6 seasons?

Let's just say she manages to get more time...

Also, Season 5 covers a grand total of about 2 weeks (if even that long). 

Got around to watching the latest season of “The Ranch”. Still liked it, but the ending with Rooster seemed like a cop-out. Almost like they were leaving an opening for home to come back.
I noticed this too. I really liked the first two seasons though.

I've started watching the latest season of OITNB.  Might as well have skipped the first episode all together, but after that it's getting a bit better.  I'd say having nekid boobs helps, but they're not necessarily boobs you want to see.

Back