Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!
Seems that way, but they keep hinting at a school shooting plot, so I'm waiting to see if they really try to go down that road.  There has to be some semblance of "closure" in the rest of the season, because the actress who plays the dead girl said she won't be back for the show's third season.

the whole trial aspect is kind of dumb IMO - I am not sure that is a legit goal? In most states you cant sue the government - not sure about California though its probably welcomed..

from being a loyal Law & Order follower, I don't think I ever saw the prosecution "redirect" after their witness got owned in cross examination..

Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!
Agreed.  I don't remember HS being like that, but again, my HS experience was atypical and my kids aren't there yet, so I don't really know what HS is all about, especially a big one.

also waiting on Goliath -

What's the best way I can watch the last season of the Americans? do a month of Hulu?

Also been watching the show Vegas - set in the 60's era Vegas? pretty decent - Good to see Michael Chickliss (sp) again - but the Dennis Quaid cowboy routine is a little much...

watched Evil Genius over the weekend - only 4 episodes, but its about the pizza delivery guy that had someone put a bomb on him and make him rob a bank - some really fucked up people. you cant tell exactly but maybe the pizza guy was in on it - maybe not. But its in Erie, PA (truth that white trash exist outside the south) but geesh, if the FBI, ATF, and state police took 4 years to solve this mystery it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about how competent the rest of those agency's are.. but it was defin pretty interesting to watch (in a really sad way)

I finally got around to watching Making a Murderer.  A friend had recommended it when it first came out (2015), but I didn't have a Netflix subscription.  I just signed up for my free month on Netflix, and it was the first thing I watched.  The whole thing is really messed up, but the material is definitely presented in a way to make you sympathize with the Avery's and hate the prosecutor and sheriff's department.

The thing that struck me the most, though, was something completely unrelated to the rape and murder cases.  I had just re-watched Idiocracy the night before I started watching Making a Murderer.  The main point in Idiocracy is how intelligent people tend to be more conservative when it comes to having children, but less intelligent people breed like rabbits.  The opening episode of Making a Murderer talks about how Steven Avery has an IQ in the low 70's, then goes on to talk about how he had 5 kids with his first wife by the time he was convicted of the first rape (at 23 years old). 

maybe that is a Netflix thing (making the "law" look bad?) I cant recall the name but the Netflix show about the Unabomber kind of did they same thing, make the cops look like Barney Fife

Back