Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching "The Boys" on Amazon, sort of an off take on Superheros who are dicks / god guys but also bad guys - first episode was pretty good, well see how it pans out..

I started watching "The Boys" on Amazon, sort of an off take on Superheros who are dicks / god guys but also bad guys - first episode was pretty good, well see how it pans out..
me too!

I forget how to do the "spoiler thing" with text, so I'll just say there's a bit of a "Stranger Things" spoiler coming in 3..2...1....

Anyone else think Hopper is still with us?  The scene at the very end that takes place in Russia, one guard says something about "the American".  I'm guessing that's him.  If/when they do another season, we'll find out that the people who got zapped didn't die, they got transported to the sister site in Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think (hoping) that Hopper didn't die.  The show certainly wouldn't be the same without him.  

I remember reading the Duffer Bros planned on four seasons only so will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
On an entirely unrelated note to the above ^

Amazon is currently producing Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings into tv series which is quite the undertaking.  WoT is a massive series and no idea how they plan on getting it all in.

Either way - WoT, LotR, and The Witcher - lots to watch!

They never showed Hopper's body.

He'll show up in season 4. 
Yep.  He's already rumored to be "the American" that the Russians mentioned when the thing crawled out at the end.

On an entirely unrelated note to the above ^

Amazon is currently producing Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings into tv series which is quite the undertaking.  WoT is a massive series and no idea how they plan on getting it all in.

Either way - WoT, LotR, and The Witcher - lots to watch!
The Witcher could be massive - it looks like, from the previews, they are only focusing on the first book of short stories. So that means potentially 7 more seasons - 2 more books of short stories and the 5-book main story.

I also hope that it's a huge success and drives them to capitalize via a new Witcher game.

If we have no clue what Witcher is does that mean our nerd game is weak?
It's a book series, but more importantly, Witcher 3 is one of the best Playstation games of all time.  It's an RPG, but not like "cast level 2 magic spell against Dusseldorf" kind of RPG - it's very similar to how the Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, etc. games play, just without the climbing.  It had side quests that were actually good/memorable, not super shitty like most other games.

Finally completed the last season of GOT last night.

I'm so disappointed.

I think season 2 of Westworld will be next. 

I'm 3 episode into ST3 and its pretty slow, not really sure what's happening to be honest, other than some teen romance / breakup?

The wife has been watching This is Us, (JFC) Jesus F'n Christ, these people all need to be shot, get a f'n job and grow up you bunch of god damn crybabies!!!!!!

Sorry that's what I scream at the TV when its on..

Yeah I wasn't super impressed with Stranger Things 3. Slow to start, gets going pretty good by episode 7, and then it''s over at episode 8 - only 8 episodes, Netflix???? 

We recently finished Man in the High Castle Season 3 - meh. Seasons 1 and 2 were much better. But still worth watching if you watched the first two.

And I can't remember if I said it here already yet, but The Expanse Season 3 was awesome. The whole Expanse series has been awesome so far.

I liked the ending of  Man in the High Castle S3 - but in all it was very slow (up until the last 2 episodes)

I still need to finish S3 of MITHC.  I lost interest after like 2 episodes, but still want to know what happens.  I think I forgot half of what happened in the first two, and need to watch a recap on YouTube so I can finish.

Gave up on MITHC after 2 or 3 episodes of S1.  Heard lots of good things so maybe I need to give it another try?

Back