Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with the vaccine is that the effectiveness wears off after a while, but not for every kid at the same rate...and initially when the vaccine first came out there were more problems with it wearing off sooner (about 10 years ago when my kid got his dose). This is the same for the MMR, also. That's why you hear about college kids who live in dorms having outbreaks and needing to get re-vaccinated all the time...international students who have never been vaccinated, or kids who travel to other countries spread around the bugs.

Yep, wife told me last night the vaccines were required. Tells you how much I've been paying attention...

Even though minisnick got the vaccine, if any of his classmates still ge tthe chicken pox you better believe I'm having them over for a playdate. I'd much rather he have the natural immunity....especially since have chicken pox post puberty could lead to sterility problems.

Just reminded that lil tex thinks Tom and Jerry are the funniest cartoons, ever. One of my favorite memories of him (about 3) is LOL, RTFL in the living room when Mr. Envirotex and I had finally gotten to sleep in on a Saturday AM (til about 7).

Here are my kiddos from Easter morning ...
Easter.jpg

Minisnick is hilarious. His hair grows like a weed. We gave him another hair cut last night (buzzed the sides and back, didn't touch the top)...he screamed and squirmed the whole time. 5 minutes after we got done he came back into the kitchen rubbing his head and said with a smile on his face..."my hair is gone" We asked him if he liked they way it was now and he responded with a big emphatic YES. We asked him if he will squirm the next time since he likes the cooler cut and he said no...we shall see though. I think it finally clicked WHY we cut his hair...the heat this weekend was brutal.

^ Love the look on their faces when they finally *get* why Mom and Dad do the things they do.

MiniYMZ used to be fluent in Language #2, but her abilities are all but gone since she started preschool and is no longer spending all day with the grandparents. I try to speak it with her at home but she responds either with a terrible accent or in English. I'm kind of bummed about that.

Mini-ble1 is pretty much fluent in 2 languages, but it's been hard since he started preschool. It helps that he still stays at home with mrs. ble when he's not in school. It's amazing to me how he understands both languages and knows who he needs to talk to in which language. He'll be talking with my in-laws in their language and then turn to my parents and speak English.

^ It used to be like that with Mini YMZ, sigh. Do you try speaking with Mini-ble1 in the second language too?

I speak both languages to him. There are times that I'm unsure of how to say something in the second language, so I end up speaking English.

our neighbors have custody of their grandson and the other set of grandparents are over almost every other weekend...while they were outside playing we could hear the other grandma getting the little boy, who is a little over 2, to repeat the numbers in english then in spanish as she pushed him on the swing.

Mini YMZ learns Spanish at school, but I'm trying to refresh her Thai. It's a tonal language and pretty difficult to speak correctly, so I don't want her to lose it.

Back