Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a week and a half ago we got mini-MS a new car seat... the one that faces forward. We think we now know why he didn't like getting in the car and driving anywhere before then. May be a coincidence, but he's less fussy, as well.

:brick:

So a week and a half ago we got mini-MS a new car seat... the one that faces forward. We think we now know why he didn't like getting in the car and driving anywhere before then. May be a coincidence, but he's less fussy, as well.
less fussy is always good!!

Thats the main reason we waited to buy the bigger carseat until after minisnick was ready to upgrade from the infant seat. We narrowed the list to the ones we wanted then but him in the seats and he made the final call. Ours is a convertible one and we are likely going to need to turn it to forward facing very soon bc minisnicks legs are starting to hit the back of the seat. He just reached the weight requirement for forward facing.

Woohoo up to 23 lbs 7 ozs. Thats a weight gain of about 7ozs a week. Sort of glad he waited until after most of the carrying stage was over before the huge weight gain.

Thats the main reason we waited to buy the bigger carseat until after minisnick was ready to upgrade from the infant seat. We narrowed the list to the ones we wanted then but him in the seats and he made the final call. Ours is a convertible one and we are likely going to need to turn it to forward facing very soon bc minisnicks legs are starting to hit the back of the seat. He just reached the weight requirement for forward facing.
Wife did a bunch of research before we got our carseat(s) and we ended up getting Britax seats for both boys. They are only 16 months apart so we had to get two and the initial sticker shock almost got me, but the reason we chose them is because they are supposed to be one of the safest but also they are good from infant all the up until they graduated to booster seats. Wasn't nearly so bad when we figured out we wouldn't have to end up buying three different seats as they got bigger.

we have a front loader washing machine. I had just finished moving the wet clothes into the dryer and minisnick decided he would help with the laundry. He started taking the clean socks that were sitting the basket and put them in the washing machine and closed the door.

so we got minisnick a little tikes slide/climber outdoor playset this weekend. The first he does is walk UP the slide. :rolleyes: forget the stairs...just skip straight to walking up the slide. He must have seen the older kids at daycare doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got home from work yesterday, I was greeted by my 4yr old daughter who was dressed in a leotard and ballet dress. She says "Watch this", then proceeds to go through a series of ballet moves. I have no idea where she learned how to do it, and the funny part was that my wife said she made a bee-line to her room to change into her "Princess Ballet uniform" (her words) as soon as she got home from daycare.

She is too cute, but I fear this will mean her teenage years will be that much more difficult because I have a self-proclaimed Princess to deal with...

As a former dancer, it make me smile when I see/hear little girls get excited about dancing. I foresee many a dance recitals in your future.

As a former dancer, it make me smile when I see/hear little girls get excited about dancing. I foresee many a dance recitals in your future.
The rest of the evening she kept bugging me to take her to ballet. So you're probably right on the recitals...

sorry, not that of dancer. I did the studio and competition dance thing for about 9 years as a kid. and Until we moved out to the middle of no where I took adult ballet and tap classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little FF loves to pick up clean clothes and put them in the hamper to be washed. Sure wish he'd keep up the desire to clean as he gets older... but I know that's totally out of the question. I think I want to keep him at 18 months. Is that possible?!

Wife did a bunch of research before we got our carseat(s) and we ended up getting Britax seats for both boys. They are only 16 months apart so we had to get two and the initial sticker shock almost got me, but the reason we chose them is because they are supposed to be one of the safest but also they are good from infant all the up until they graduated to booster seats. Wasn't nearly so bad when we figured out we wouldn't have to end up buying three different seats as they got bigger.
This.

We've got 4 Britax convertible car seats-- two for each vehicle. Yes, they are expensive, but keeping the kids rear-facing as long as possible is worth the expense. We found it ironic that when one of our cars was broken into in Chicago, the thief broke a $100 window, took a GPS that was worth probably twenty dollars, but left $600 worth of brand-new car seats alone.

Don't be too eager to turn your kids forward-facing. They are MUCH more protected in rear-facing seats even if they are less comfortable. There are plenty of videos out there showing the differences between rear and forward facing during a wreck that will probably easily convince you to agree. Look up internal decapitation to see what I mean.

Little FF loves to pick up clean clothes and put them in the hamper to be washed. Sure wish he'd keep up the desire to clean as he gets older... but I know that's totally out of the question. I think I want to keep him at 18 months. Is that possible?!
No kidding. My youngest is 19 mo right now and he's impossibly cute and just barely starting disobey and throw tantrums. Two months ago, he was just old enough to understand most of what we'd asked him to do and would try so hard to do anything we said.

Last night I found myself using my wifes hair dryer to dry out a pair of my sons underwear...

The backstory: I put my kids into the tub for their nightly bath before bed, and got started getting their jammies ready for when they were done. As I am doing this, I realize my son doesnt have any clean underwear and his laundry basket is full. So I run downstairs and throw his clothes into the washer so I would at least be able to get him a pair first thing in the morning, and hoping I would be able to find 1 pair somewhere to get him through the night. No luck. I then decide to let them take an extended bath while the washing machine does its thing. 20 minutes later the washer is done, and I realize it will take another hour for the dryer, so I throw his clothes into the dryer, except for a single pair of underwear which I take back upstairs to blow dry. Lets just say both kids got a kick out of watching me blowdry a pair of underwear.

Kids. What an adventure...

nightly bath, yeah right not enough time in the day for every night!!!! Minisnick likes bathtime, but if we mention its bathtime tonight somehow he manages to pass out super early before we can even get to bathtime.

Mini-ble has gotten into the "No!" phase right now. He basically tells you no anytime you ask him something, even if it's something he wants. Me: "Mini-ble, do you want a Cheeto?" him: "No!" and then he comes running with his hand out. It's hilarious and frustrating at the same time. It's amazing how much they learn in such a short amount of time. We've been teaching him Spanish since that's Mrs. Ble's native language, and he understands everything in both languages but for certain things he only says the word in one language. For example, he says nose but he won't say nariz. If you say "nariz" to him he says "nose" back to you. It's the opposite for feet. He says "pies" (that's spanish for feet, not the dessert! :) ) not feet.

It's amazing to watch him grow but I can't believe he's doing it so fast!

minisnick is in a My phase. everything is his, according to him.

he did point to a picture of quails in an alphabet book this morning and say birdies.

I swear I have started hearing mini sentences lately, but I not sure if it is just me understanding his blabber though.

I don't want to.

I'm out (when his cup is empty)

Back