Jersey, where you at?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at this discussion, I have gotten  settled with the positive assumption that i did not make it. If the actual result turns out to be different, it would be the most pleasant surprise ever. 
I am with you.

Guys!

I just called again, Tim picked up and told me my results are NOT in yet!  He is looking at the Checklist and until my name, PASSED PE EXAM is still "unchecked".

However, after explaining that someone else had told me yesterday that I PASSED, he immediately told me to hold.  He came back on the line and said he figured out what happened.  A LOT of results are NOT inputted into the system, however, a group of people have already been inputted into the "notes" stating the exam results.  He confirmed that I PASSED!

So I believe he didn't know how to check the "notes" until just now.

PLEASE CALL BACK AND TRY TO SEE IF THEY HAVE YOUR RESULTS IN THE "NOTES"!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Guys!

I just called again, Tim picked up and told me my results are NOT in yet!  He is looking at the Checklist and until my name, PASSED PE EXAM is still "unchecked".

However, after explaining that someone else had told me yesterday that I PASSED, he immediately told me to hold.  He came back on the line and said he figured out what happened.  A LOT of results are NOT inputted into the system, however, a group of people have already been inputted into the "notes" stating the exam results.  He confirmed that I PASSED!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Called, and I am not even in the notes... I give up now. Just wait until I see something on NCEES then.

Guys!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
I hope someone can confirm if the notes also indicates the result of failed...

THis is all complete BS.

Everyone i actually know in person who has called was told that they cannot give results over the phone.

THis is all complete BS.

Everyone i actually know in person who has called was told that they cannot give results over the phone.
i mean i am a real person, and am not straight up lying. signed up to relay what had happened, and thought i appropriately couched it in skepticism.

Gosh ... I'm sorry guys.  I spoke to this lady named Chloe? twice, and she told me results should be posted (not true) and that they cannot share anything over the phone (few days ago).

Tim and Al are the two people that I called and Al was always nice over the phone and he helped me find out I passed (yesterday).  (Today) Tim, initially, said my results are not in and my checklist is still "unchecked" for Passed PE Exam, but he confirmed with his supervisor (Guessing she is Lynn) that my results are under the "notes".

I hope the person that inputted that I "passed" in the notes didn't input it wrong.

Those who heard they "passed", where did you sit to take the exam? Were you in the first section (seats 1-10? - which is where I sat.)  Maybe they review and input everything in terms of seat groups?

It's been almost a week since the vast majority of other states found out. Why does NJ have to do anything more than all the other states? I just don't understand what they are doing with the results 

Is it possible that they may still be debating the cutoff percentile, hence the dealy. Some of the people right at the edge may still be under consideration and their results undecided. 

Is it possible that they may still be debating the cutoff percentile, hence the dealy. Some of the people right at the edge may still be under consideration and their results undecided. 
NJ sucks, yes.  Are the cut-off scores decided by State?

First off, I share everyone's skepticism.

However, I called twice yesterday and spoke to two different people that confirmed I passed. After reading all of the hardship on this forum, the pessimist in me is beginning to believe that the people on the other end of the line either a) completely did not know what they were talking about, or b) released results that were preliminary and may be changed by the time we see official posting on NCEES.

When I spoke with these people they confirmed my address, confirmed I was asking in regards to the October 2016 PE results, and then proceeded to congratulate me on passing. This entire exchange seems contrary to everyone else's experience and is beginning to make me feel like there is a huge mistake somewhere. Here's hoping there isn't.

Gosh ... I'm sorry guys.  I spoke to this lady named Chloe? twice, and she told me results should be posted (not true) and that they cannot share anything over the phone (few days ago).

Tim and Al are the two people that I called and Al was always nice over the phone and he helped me find out I passed (yesterday).  (Today) Tim, initially, said my results are not in and my checklist is still "unchecked" for Passed PE Exam, but he confirmed with his supervisor (Guessing she is Lynn) that my results are under the "notes".

I hope the person that inputted that I "passed" in the notes didn't input it wrong.

Those who heard they "passed", where did you sit to take the exam? Were you in the first section (seats 1-10? - which is where I sat.)  Maybe they review and input everything in terms of seat groups?

I just called again to see if I could get an answer. The woman I spoke to checked my status and said that it has not been updated yet. I asked her about any 'notes' as ZupaS described earlier. She said that they actually have not all been update yet for whatever reason and said they should be done after tomorrow's board meeting.

I really am just hoping that she didnt see that I failed and didnt want to be the one to tell me.

I just called again to see if I could get an answer. The woman I spoke to checked my status and said that it has not been updated yet. I asked her about any 'notes' as ZupaS described earlier. She said that they actually have not all been update yet for whatever reason and said they should be done after tomorrow's board meeting.

I really am just hoping that she didnt see that I failed and didnt want to be the one to tell me.
Good luck to you ccor84.  Hope to hear great news tomorrow for you and all of us dying in agony.

Guys - Update

i got an email (letter) from the board last night with a statement 

" Be advised that at the last meeting of the state Board of Professional Engineers and Surveyors You were qualified for licensure as a Professional Engineer and/or Land Surveyor in NJ"

they also emailed me the NJ law exam which i need to fill and return for activation of my license.

i am assuming this means I passed the exam hopefully ?

However i am concerned that neither my NCEES account has the result ( shows result pending) and PCS shows the box unchecked....? 

Did anyone else receive such a letter from the board and any other info ? Thanks

Guys - Update

i got an email (letter) from the board last night with a statement 

" Be advised that at the last meeting of the state Board of Professional Engineers and Surveyors You were qualified for licensure as a Professional Engineer and/or Land Surveyor in NJ"

they also emailed me the NJ law exam which i need to fill and return for activation of my license.

i am assuming this means I passed the exam hopefully ?

However i am concerned that neither my NCEES account has the result ( shows result pending) and PCS shows the box unchecked....? 

Did anyone else receive such a letter from the board and any other info ? Thanks
Well that is discouraging

Latest posts

Back