Jersey, where you at?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give up.  It's Friday, I'm going to get me some Hot Pot after work with the wife and kicking back a few yum yum yeungling's when I get home.

I have zero faith it happens today. I have been refreshing this page and pcs on a separate window on a separate monitor since last Friday. 

I give up.  It's Friday, I'm going to get me some Hot Pot after work with the wife and kicking back a few yum yum yeungling's when I get home.
I'm with ya on the yeungling's... although I'll likely be indulging at lunch to calm myself down over these results not being posted!

They had their board meeting yesterday, hopefully that means they will authorize NCEES to release them today.

What is this special processing of results that NJ has to do, which other states don't. Something is not right. Do they weight the results for 1st timers and repeat examinees differently? Leading to a low passing percentage of repeat takers..just trying to find a way to blame it on some thing while anticipating the worst. ?

Good luck every one. 

What is this special processing of results that NJ has to do, which other states don't. Something is not right.
They use PCS to help process the results and (presumably) license numbers. PCS is a third party company that aids state boards. Whatever extra they do to *help* tends to delay the results to the examinees. Historically Maryland and Pennsylvania used PCS and were the last states to release. It looks like it's New Jersey's turn to be delayed.

In the scheme of things though, New Jersey is barely a week delayed from the first state to release. In the past, the delta between first and last has been much higher. Everyone shouldn't start with the pitchforks and torches just yet. Give it another week or so.

I know from experience: If you pass, years from now you won't care and this temporary stress will just be a funny story to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called again just now to see what the NJ Board says regarding the release of the results. She said they are still processing the results on an individual basis and not all have been processed yet. She also reaffirmed that I passed. Doesnt look like the official notice will be today.

I just called the Board and spoke to Al.  He said the results were sent out, sent either email or snail mail (depending on which employee at the state was handling your application).  He also verified that I passed and said the state has authorized NCEES to release the results, but doesn't know why they are not online.  

Back