In Need of Inspiration? -- Please read

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtsqueezer

Reaction score
I am writing today because it was this forum that gave me the courage to re-take and ultimately pass the FE exam. I want to help others who have struggled to pass this exam. I just found today I passed on my 3rd attempt.

A few things about my situation:

1. I first took the FE in 2003 and 2004 with scores of 67 and 65 respectively. Hadn't taken it since. Didn't put enough effort, and I got the scores I deserved. Life sometimes gets busy.

2. I will be 40 years old next year. I am married and have 2 kids, ages 9 and 10. I work full time.

3. I don't have an engineering degree. I qualified through experience, although I have a BS in Construction Management.

4. Please take some sort of review course if you've been out of school for awhile. I am 16 years out of school. I chose School of PE FE Review (online). I liked it because they had discipline specific classes since I was taking the Civil PM test.

5. From the beginning of January to the end of February I stayed an extra hour after work and studied so as not to be distracted by my home life. I gave up 5 weekends (Sat. and Sun.) for the review course. I took a week of vacation time the week before the exam to study.

Bottom line, one does not have to be a "whiz", to pass this exam. You just have to be willing to work hard and put in the time. Thanks to those that passed the exam after 5, 6, even 7 times and shared their experiences. It helped me.

I am thinking about taking this course; however enviornmental option is not offered. Do you think the weekend workshops will still help with the AM section?

I am thinking about taking this course; however enviornmental option is not offered. Do you think the weekend workshops will still help with the AM section?
The FE Review weekend workshops are designed for the General / Other disciplines exam, however, it was basically the same information as the AM section (70 hours). It will definitely help with the AM section. I never took Thermo, Fluids, Diff. Eq., in college, and this class helped me get some points in those weak areas. I think it's a great value since they offer a free course repeat if you attended all the classes and then don't pass. You get a TON of notes and problems too. I had 2 three ring binders 3" thick full of pages for both regular and bonus classes.

Back