If you were to die today........

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told you what Calvanism was because you believe one of the things that Calvanists believe... which is Perseverance of the Saints (once saved, always saved)
Once saved always saved is not the same as the perseverance of the saints that a Calvanist would believe.

The Once saved always saved version of Calvanisim adds a work to salvation which is that if you dont have the works to show your faith then you are not saved or its not a true saving faith.

The problem with that thinking is that we don't have to have any works to show we are saved and yes a carnal christian can go live whatever lifestyle they wish and still be saved if and only if they are trusting in the Death, Burial and Resurrection.

So yes Calvanisim, like any other false religion or false gospel out there, will take some truth or look like they have some truth, but they will spin it and turn it into a works based religion by either slightly changing or blatantly changing it.

So yes, Perseverance of the Saints (Once Saved Always Saved) is a Biblical Doctrine. But Perseverance of the Saints in the sense that you must have works for it to be a true saving faith is a works based false gospel.

I do apologize if, you were just trying to point that out and thought I was a Calvanists.....Its the problem with discussing these things via internet as opposed to face to face you miss the body language of the person you are conversing with.

Once saved always saved is not the same as the perseverance of the saints that a Calvanist would believe.

The Once saved always saved version of Calvanisim adds a work to salvation which is that if you dont have the works to show your faith then you are not saved or its not a true saving faith.

The problem with that thinking is that we don't have to have any works to show we are saved and yes a carnal christian can go live whatever lifestyle they wish and still be saved if and only if they are trusting in the Death, Burial and Resurrection.

So yes Calvanisim, like any other false religion or false gospel out there, will take some truth or look like they have some truth, but they will spin it and turn it into a works based religion by either slightly changing or blatantly changing it.

So yes, Perseverance of the Saints (Once Saved Always Saved) is a Biblical Doctrine. But Perseverance of the Saints in the sense that you must have works for it to be a true saving faith is a works based false gospel.

I do apologize if, you were just trying to point that out and thought I was a Calvanists.....Its the problem with discussing these things via internet as opposed to face to face you miss the body language of the person you are conversing with.
Yeah, I'm just interested in hearing other people's opinions on this. I don't know everything there is to know on this subject.

He touches me with it daily
Just curious, if you are a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, do you know if you are allowed to wear a spaghetti strainer as religous headgear into Princinciple and Practice Exam?  It has been allowed as religious headgear on Drivers Licenses. 

Just curious, if you are a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, do you know if you are allowed to wear a spaghetti strainer as religous headgear into Princinciple and Practice Exam?  It has been allowed as religious headgear on Drivers Licenses. 
I haven't seen anything in the exam-prep documentation that would specifically exclude one from being worn as religious headwear, unless it had a built in clock/calculator/transmitter device.

I do know that hats are prohibited, but it's based on them having a brim that would block your face from view or used to hide potential answers.

https://laughingsquid.com/a-colander-shaped-like-a-classic-bowler-hat/

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anything in the exam-prep documentation that would specifically exclude one from being worn as religious headwear, unless it had a built in clock/calculator/transmitter device.

I do know that hats are prohibited, but it's based on them having a brim that would block your face from view or used to hide potential answers.

https://laughingsquid.com/a-colander-shaped-like-a-classic-bowler-hat/
Head coverings that qualify as religious headgear is allowed per NCEES policy, so I believe the below examples from DL's would be considered religious headgear.  

https://www.venganza.org/

There is a link if you want tot be Pastafarian Minister. 

download-1.jpg

download.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll f#ckin' spank you."

This thread is starting to remind me of The Life of Brian.

giphy.gif

Back