IA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Cedar Rapids area. My coworker in Iowa City received her results on Wednesday. Hopefully they didn't send "pass" letters first, and the "fail" letters are to follow!!!!

The results were mailed out on Wednesday the 13th. This is the e-mail I got from the Board:

We’ve spoken on the phone; I asked Jennifer Morrison to forward your email to me for response.

We understand your desire to have your test results. We appreciate your frustration in not having received them.

Our current policy is that we do not release exam results over the phone or via email, because we have no way to confirm the ID of the inquirer. This is an effort to protect our examinees.

We know that some individuals, including those in the Coralville area, are beginning to receive their results. Since your results have not been returned to us, we have no reason to believe they were inaccurately addressed.

If you can be patient for an additional several days, we believe you should have your exam results.

Best regards,

Robert E. Lampe

Executive Officer

Iowa Engineering and Land Surveying Examining Board

1920 S.E. Hulsizer Road

Ankeny, IA 50021

Phone: 515-281-7360

Fax: 515-281-7411

I am in Cedar Rapids area. My coworker in Iowa City received her results on Wednesday. Hopefully they didn't send "pass" letters first, and the "fail" letters are to follow!!!!
Just got call a from my son (he is 5 years old), I got the mail and passed!

I have been thinking about that logic above. Fortunately it is not valid :)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

So, I know this comes up in Iowa after every exam, but I'll ask the first time since October's test...has anyone received their wall certificate yet? I e-mailed the board but no response.

I have seen several people say in different forums that the Iowa results will be emailed from NCEES this year for the first time, but the NCEES website still says the notification comes through the Iowa board. On top of that they made the announcement during the exam break that the IA results would be much quicker this time.

Has anyone actually spoken with either the Iowa Board or NCEES regarding the IA results?

I have seen several people say in different forums that the Iowa results will be emailed from NCEES this year for the first time, but the NCEES website still says the notification comes through the Iowa board. On top of that they made the announcement during the exam break that the IA results would be much quicker this time.
Has anyone actually spoken with either the Iowa Board or NCEES regarding the IA results?
I think this was the first time that NCEES actually administered the test in IA. As you said, the head proctor at the exam made that announcement that IA results will be available faster, but he didn't say anything about results emailed from NCEES. It could just mean that, since NCEES administered the test, the results are available to the IA board faster than previous years, but we'll still have to wait for the IA board to send the results to us. I was hopeful that the results would be available via email, but as you pointed out, the NCEES site states that notification still comes from the IA board. I sure hope they don't make us wait too much longer.

For past exams the results were not release from the IA board until after their meeting. The board met in May but it doesn't seem like NCEES had released results yet. The next board meeting isn't until July :( I really hope we don't have to wait that long to receive our results.

I sent an email to the Board and Jennifer responded that the results should be out either this week or next (assuming perfect work weeks). Since this week is about done, here's hoping next week is the one.

Thanks Mr. P! That is great to hear because I am tired of all my IL co-workers knowing and I don't.

Well, NY got their results now. I was using that as the test for whether or not IA's results would really be available "faster" as the proctor claimed. I think this means IA still has some work to do. I don't understand why a state like IA would be one of the last.

Well, NY got their results now. I was using that as the test for whether or not IA's results would really be available "faster" as the proctor claimed. I think this means IA still has some work to do. I don't understand why a state like IA would be one of the last.

I know that with some of the exams, Iowa re-grades them. I know this is, or has been, the case with the SE II. I guess they don't trust the grading methods of the NCEES, and perform their own. I would be surpised, I guess, if they did this with the PE exams, but being that they are scantron, maybe it's plausible. You'll get your results eventually.

Does anyone have any current info on when we will see our results? I e-mailed Jennifer today and got the stock 10-12 week answer. I don't understand why it takes so long to stuff a couple hundred envelopes and get the results out!!! The post last week said possibly seeing our results this week.

Should be a good ol' fashioned letter. You will get the thrill of actually guessing at the results by the size of the envelop on your way back to your desk to open it. Should be a stressful 15 seconds I'm sure.

Should be a good ol' fashioned letter. You will get the thrill of actually guessing at the results by the size of the envelop on your way back to your desk to open it. Should be a stressful 15 seconds I'm sure.
So, does a thicker envelope equal a pass or a fail? (No, I still haven't received one.)

I have no idea which is thicker and here's hoping I never get a chance to compare two envelopes!

Back