IA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone contacted Jennifer lately to see what the deal is? I have bothered her a lot in the past and don't feel comfortable doing it again now, but wow - this is getting ridiculous.

From Jennifer a couple of days ago "The results we are hoping to have out this week." I guess we are trying to see if we can be the last state to release results.

From Jennifer a couple of days ago "The results we are hoping to have out this week." I guess we are trying to see if we can be the last state to release results.
I spoke with Robert Lampe (Executive Officer for the Iowa Engineering and Land surveying Examining Board) in hope of finding any information. He, like Jennifer was pretty much no help. I asked him if the Board has to certify the testing results before they get sent out and he said he didn’t know. I in turn asked him when the next board meeting was and he told me that it is today (1/14/2010). I asked him if he could send me an agenda and he told me to go to the website and retrieve it from there. So I told him that the website was behind in posting agenda/minutes so he sent me the agenda via email. Item VII. G of the agenda reads:

G. Release of Exam Results – NCEES or internal staff (Griebel)

So, it looks like the results are released today. I don’t know why they couldn’t just tell us that. I would stop me from running home and anxiously checking my mailbox.

I spoke with Robert Lampe (Executive Officer for the Iowa Engineering and Land surveying Examining Board) in hope of finding any information. He, like Jennifer was pretty much no help. I asked him if the Board has to certify the testing results before they get sent out and he said he didn’t know. I in turn asked him when the next board meeting was and he told me that it is today (1/14/2010). I asked him if he could send me an agenda and he told me to go to the website and retrieve it from there. So I told him that the website was behind in posting agenda/minutes so he sent me the agenda via email. Item VII. G of the agenda reads:

G. Release of Exam Results – NCEES or internal staff (Griebel)

So, it looks like the results are released today. I don’t know why they couldn’t just tell us that. I would stop me from running home and anxiously checking my mailbox.
Thanks ttrotter, that helps. If you look at the past years agenda/minutes, they always met on Thursdays, so I thought they were going to meet on last Thursdays and we were going to have our results this week. Doesn’t sound like they have any set of rules when to meet except meeting on Thursday. Why the heck they have to meet to release the results, anyway? Are they going to make any changes on the results they got from NCEES? Which I doubt but it is absolutely ridiculous that we have to wait more than a month after NCEES released results just to get ours.

I went to attended the Iowa Engineering and Land Surveying Examining Board meeting today and sat in the reception area outside Jennifers desk for about an hour and had some discussions with Jennifer. I will tell you the most important news...the results went out in the mail Wednesday and since I didn't receive my results today we should expect them tomorrow.

Any idea when the minutes of the board meeting will be out? My application was being reviewed and hope they have a quick turnaround time.

Jennifer said they were in the results were in the mail on Wednesday. One of two things happened: 1) they were mailed late wed and didn't get into the P.O. until thursday and we will get the results on saturday or 2) She lied to me.

Any idea when the minutes of the board meeting will be out? My application was being reviewed and hope they have a quick turnaround time.
i would contact:

Robert E. Lampe

Executive Officer

Iowa Engineering and Land Surveying Examining Board

1920 S.E. Hulsizer Road

Ankeny, IA 50021

Phone: 515-281-7360

Fax: 515-281-7411

for a copy of the minutes. I doubt they will post the minutes on their web site.

If results were mailed out Wednesday, then we really need to update USPS. It shouldn't take mail more than three days to make a 1.5 hour road trip. I think they are not telling us the whole story.

I had my results in the mail on Sunday when I returned from out of town, so they must have been there on Sat. (I live in DSM)

You should expect the results on Tuesday due to MLK day...good luck.

Finally got the result today. PASSED!!!!!!!!!! :party-smiley-048:

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I thought mine got lost in the mail because everyone else I know already got theirs days ago. Better call Jennifer in the morning and complain, she is out tomorrow afternoon. I asked today if they got lost in the mail what happens? They probably can't give the info out over the phone so they will re-mail it. I performed my job like this I would be unemployeed.

For those that are still waiting, are you in the Coralville/Iowa City area? The Board will not release any results over the phone or by e-mail so we are to continue to wait until they decide they have been lost and then they will only remail the results. It sure feels great being one of the last examinees in the nation to get results.

I did not get my mine either. I am thinking about stopping by Ankeny but sound like she will be out today.

Back