I just got jinxed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

@@--@@
Reaction score
my wife just emailed me that she opened her moms "christmas letter" that they mail out with the christmas card, you know the kind that give an update on what the family is doing, etc..

well for mine she wrote . "and our son in law Matt is getting his PE License this year"

:suicide: :hung:

One of the many reasons I didn't even tell my parents I was applying for licensure.

I had a friend of mine that took the insurance salesmans exam, he studied for 2-3 weeks for it, and failed it the first two times, then the next day, he took it again, and passed it. He said the test was awful, and it was about 2 hours long.......That's about what we're talking about for this exam too isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dddd: ;guns; :dddd:

That's the stories I get from the "In-LAWS".....It's just about more than I can take some times......

Good news though.....the torment will be over in a few days, and we can go on with our lives, or start studying again....Good luck!!!! even with the jinx that was shoved upon you!

I had a brother-in-law take the contractors license test, and they scanned it and gave him his results right there, so the in-laws say "Isn't it about the same thing? Why don't they just let you know then?"

BANG MY HEAD. :brick:

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my family have any clue what the PE is, let alone feel the need to tell folks.

Not that I'm complaining, its actually a little bit of a blessing. :D

Too bad about the letter, though, that might be killer.

Can someone modify that gun smiley so that the words "Failed" show up in blood on the wall? Just in case.

that is beyond my photoshop abilities, but a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
my wife just emailed me that she opened her moms "christmas letter" that they mail out with the christmas card, you know the kind that give an update on what the family is doing, etc..
well for mine she wrote . "and our son in law Matt is getting his PE License this year"

:suicide: :hung:
Just think, if you fail you've got mad guilt trip ammo on your mother-in-law.

:???:

come to think of it.....

I just this week got a brand new box of 500 business cards that have the title

"Civil Designer" on them.......I was thinking that was a jinx...hummm? I told this company to wait until after I got the results, but they didn't listen, maybe this was a good omen though! :true:

That reminds me ...

Hopefully I'll get to take E.I.T. off my new business cards!

:jk:

Hello there,

Did you put EIT in your cards? :blink:

Thats is a new one.Never heard about that before. Good luck my friend.

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

Back