I have a secret to share

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferg_AR

Reaction score
I am FTC35.

I had to use a different name in case work checked up on where I was browsing. But now that we have a "secret" forum, I can admit it.

So, thanks for all the advice guys. I just gave my current employer notice. Feels like a lot of weight off my shoulders.

:beerchug

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they wouldn't because I never posted anything on the FTC35 name while at work.

If they find out now, it doesn't really matter since I already gave my notice.

Thanks for the congrats. I'm really excited. They took it pretty well. My boss didn't say anything, just nodded his head. Then he told me that I will have to type up a resignation letter. But that's typical from him, he doesn't ever say much.

However, the CEO and I have a good relationship and I went and talked to him for 20 minutes or so. He asked a lot of questions, but is a pretty cool guy and understands why I'm doing it. I also shared my concerns with him, and made it a point to mention that my boss didn't say anything when I told him. He just gave a little chuckle and nodded. I'm pretty sure he knows that my boss is sort of a bottleneck when it comes to a lot of stuff. But yeah, he was cool and thanked me for everything, told me I have done an excellent job and wished me luck. He's a real stand up guy. :beerchug

and I thought I was obscure.

But I will add that quitting a job is way better than getting fired! :true:

Good luck, Ferg_AR!

so were you more worried about them noticing you asking employment questions versus just being on the site?

congrats on the new job. we havent had many problems, so we havenot had to worry about the multiple accounts issue

Who the hell put "and I'm gayer than a $3 bill" on my original post??

What the hell is that all about?

Somebody got some beef with me?

I dont know, but hopefully the appropriate person will show themselves......

Probably just someone messing around. I wouldn't think anyone meant any harm by it.

Ed

This is all that shows up under the Moderator Recent Action List (most of it is me) I cant find anything edited in the advanced room for a while.....

modactions.jpg

DVINNY, somebody took it off within the last few hours.

It's not that big of deal. I would have laughed it off if it was a joke. But if it was a joke, it wasn't executed very well.

If somebody meant it, that sure is a chickenshit way of trying to diss me.

I don't know when it was done. Heck it could have been done the day I posted it, but surely somebody would have mentioned it throughout the post and/or I would have noticed it, so I don't think it was done very long ago.

I went back thru ALL of the edits from the day you posted it, and there is nothing.

If you edit your own post, it does NOT show up on our mod logs.

Do you think it's possible someone you know got on your computer and was screwing around?

I don't have any explanation other than that.

But, no mod here was messing with you, they've all chimed in, and I've checked in the logs back to Aug. 23rd

I highly doubt anyone got on my computer and put that on there. Nobody in my office even knows what a message board is, let alone know how to go and edit a post. And I always lock my computer when I walk away from my desk. I know it wasn't anyone from my home computer. The only person who gets on that one is my girlfriend and she didn't do it.

Oh well, whoever did it (on this board or not) knows they did it and they know they are chickenshit. We'll just leave it at that and drop it.

** edited as a test **

You've got me and RoadGuy going thru checking member rankings to see if someone has permissions to do something like that.

WE are stumped, but I doubt whoever did it, meant anything by it

I doubt it either. Don't waste anymore time on it man. I'll live! Promise! B) haha

Wasn't me dude. I'll tell you if I edit your posts. By the way, I don't have any beef with you, except that you don't want to pay taxes. Which, by the way is your decision, but I think you are chasing a rabbit down a very long and dead-end hole with your theory.
It's not that I don't want to pay taxes. Hell I'm a fan of social security, medicaid, military (although we spend way too much on it now), etc, etc. It's just that I don't agree with what they are doing with what I pay in. Just about all of our income tax is going towards filling the pockets of a few mega-rich federal banks that are scamming the nation. THAT'S why I don't want to pay income tax.

Latest posts

Back