I feel GOOD!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty funny and strangely true. I like the part about trying to determine the cut score. That is an engineer's way to cope for sure!

Pretty funny and strangely true. I like the part about trying to determine the cut score. That is an engineer's way to cope for sure!
"Andy Richardson

Professional Engineer

...Because I worked way to hard to abbreviate it as 'PE'!"

Andy, it appears you abbreviated 'too' to 'to' though. ;)

Dexman PE,

this is the best comment I ever read on this site.

Unfortunaly, I passed all 6 phases last time and now in phase #5. :210: :mf_Flush:

Is it too early for this phase yet :waiting: ?

I'm now "solidly" in Phase 4. Based on this site's results spreadsheet (NY), it looks like I've got a couple of more weeks to go until Phase 5.

Anybody in Phase 5 yet?

Welcome to phase 1 of the post-exam emotional roller-coaster.

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

Phase 3 (worry) will follow within a few weeks. At this point, you've convinced yourself that you've missed a few problems, but you *should* still be ok.

After worring for about a month (we're now within a couple weeks of results at this point), you'll jump into full blown doubt (Phase 4). You are now certain that you missed way too many questions to stand a chance at passing.

Many people begin to formulate ways to calculate the cut-score. This is a sub-Phase that can happen any time between Phase 2 and Phase 4.

Once you've lost hope of passing, you'll move into Phase 5 (anger) over the fact that it's taken way too **** long to grade a simple scantron and the guys at NCEES are morons for taking so long. I mean, really, 6-8 weeks to feed a scantron into a f*ing machine, COME ON!! Another source of anger stems from all of the "Not this **** again" and "Don't try to calc it because it's worthless" responses to all of your cut-score posts.

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.

All we can do to manage these feelings is to fully participate in the eb.com post-exam thread (typically the 10k, but may be different this year).

Good luck!!
Interesting! I had phase 4.5 two to three days before the exam. Pre-Project Risk Analysis I guess. I wonder if I would do a Monte Carlo simulation for that. I don't wanna know what phase I am now.

^
awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

Back