I failed PE 3 times and passed on the 4th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a three timer as well, and I am the prime example of never give up!

1st time: decided to take PE at the last minute you could sign up for it. Took a review class (Testmasters) but didnt really hit the books very hard. Failed with a 68. Couldnt finish all the problems in time during the exam.

2nd time: took the online review course with PPI. Did more problems, but fell behind in the study schedule and still didnt take it seriously enough. Result: failed with a 68. couldnt finish all the problems during the exam.

3rd time: decided that it was ballzout or nothing! Started studying the day I found out I failed the April exam. Read every entire chapter of MERM that had topics on the exam. Did every example problem in MERM and every problem in the associated book of problems. Worked out every problem in all three 6 minute solutions books. Took the NCEES Sample exam as well as the Lindberg Sample Exam. Took the week of the exam off.

Result: Was done an hour early during the morning exam and finished all the problems in the afternoon exam. Result: Passed with an 82.

For me, this exam simply took ballzout studying every night after work for 4 months. My wife and kids hated me but they understood. and now they are happy. So why are you reading this? get off your arse and study!!!

oh, and the folks on this board helped me out a ton too :)

Hi MechGuy

Can you let me know which review course help you more for the PE exam. I am try to take one Testmaster or PPI.

Thanks.

Back