I couldn't help myself - I framed my NCEES pencils along with my cert (pic)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just finished mine..but I realized the pencils need aligned properly....will redo the glue

Cost: Frame $6.90 (Michael's with 60% off on top of initial 40% already)

Mat: $3

IMG_1111_zpsbdae9c43.png
So, wire, what are the two pencils for? One FE and one PE? Taking the PE twice? Or?

Call me crazy but I just had to do it! Along with my cert are my three passing pencils (Survey Oct '10, 8-Hr Apr '11, Seismic Oct '11). Total cost in supplies = $28.XX after tax (thanks to a 40% off sale at Michael's) (not counting the $275 pencils of course). Time spent creatively figuring out how to fit 3D objects in a 2D frame = 4 hours. Gratification level = Significantly high. :D

100_0519-Bar.jpg
Do you have the website where you order this from?

Ah..this thread..completely forgotten about this. My frame was packed away when I move to a new place ..(800sq ft place)..so it still sitting in the wrapper LOL...i need to find a place to put it up..maybe when i move next year! 

Hmm I wonder how it would look if you had a wood frame and routered out a slot in the bottom of the frame to put the pencil in there and kept the certificate as the only thing behind the glass. Be unique at least....

Hmm I wonder how it would look if you had a wood frame and routered out a slot in the bottom of the frame to put the pencil in there and kept the certificate as the only thing behind the glass. Be unique at least....
I like that idea.  Go for it EW. 

I got my first certificate custom framed. My second one I went to the local arts and crafts store and bought a nice off the shelf certificate holder frame.  My third one I picked up at the Dollar Store when I was getting paper towels.  

Back