I couldn't help myself - I framed my NCEES pencils along with my cert (pic)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my pencils and calculator in a Ziplock this weekend so that when I get my letter saying that I passed I will have them available for framing.

at first i thought it was going to be lame.... but dang that looks cool. I didnt know you have different color pencils for each test. congrats

at first i thought it was going to be lame.... but dang that looks cool. I didnt know you have different color pencils for each test. congrats

You wouldn't necessarily receive a different colored pencil for each exam within the same administration. But if you read my Post #1 and zoom in to the dates on the pencils, you'll see the pencils are from three different administrations.

Call me crazy but I just had to do it! Along with my cert are my three passing pencils (Survey Oct '10, 8-Hr Apr '11, Seismic Oct '11). Total cost in supplies = $28.XX after tax (thanks to a 40% off sale at Michael's) (not counting the $275 pencils of course). Time spent creatively figuring out how to fit 3D objects in a 2D frame = 4 hours. Gratification level = Significantly high. :D

100_0519-Bar.jpg
Very nice Display!!! I might have to copy this, although my first and last pencils were my "passing" pencils. :)

Wouldn't it make more sense to write what your PM breadth section was instead of 8 hour, next to NCEES?

But yeah this is enginerdness to the max - AWESOME and congrats!

I also took the pencil with me after taking the Exam. I either have a very expensive mehcanical pencil now or I passed the exam. Seemed a win-win!

How did you attach the pencils? Was it glue or tape? How has it held up. IF I get a certificate, I'm hoping to do something similar.

ptatohed, I assume that you placed pencils outside, but did you use super glue on the glass? I want to do something like that... it looks great!

Definitely planning to do this if/when I pass the SE. Frame PE and SE certs with their pencils :)

^it varied by location actually. people were listing different colors

at least they have dates on them now. When I took it they didn't. I still have mine from FE and PE they are my fav pencil m I just refill them.

They collected the pencils in RI after the Oct. 2013 FE exam.

Back