How long will this last?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undertaker

Dead Man Walking
Reaction score
Now that it is known I will have to take the damn test again some help is needed. But so far I can only read guys waiting, worried and complaining, which is normal and I understand. But when it is going to be over so we, the poor souls that didn't make it, can explore and find some help. Two weeks? Three? Four? If you are in the last group I feel sorry for ya'. There is only one thing worst than waiting for the damn results. Read the letters F-A-I-L. My kudos for the passing souls.

I know ALL ABOUT the failed letters. In a few weeks, the "Anything about the Exam" area will slow down, and the Exam Prep and Technical Discussion areas will pick up. It has shifted that way each time.

the "Shoot the Breeze" is always on fire though.

This period will last until those folks from CA get thier results in about another month (sorry CA examinees). There will be a few periodic surges when new PEs start getting thier licenses and hand-embossing implements (stamps), but for the most part you are now seeing the waning period and really the end of the waiting.

IMHO undertaker, you should begin preparations for the next exam whenever YOU feel ready. If you start posting questions about getting it together for October 2007 in one of the exam preparation rooms, I am confident that there will be folks (myself included) that will start answering your questions about references, study strategies, problem solutions, advantages/disadvantages of particular exams and thier depth components, etc. If you are feeling up to the task - I say bump :woot:

One last thought - you are in the right place to start making it happen for yourself. I did not pass the exam until the 4th time that I took it. One of the critical pieces of helping me put everything together for myself was participation and interaction at this board :true: I am not saying that to brag about this board or blow sunshine up your ass ... because you just ain't that kinda guy. I am just laying out the facts to let you decide your level of comfort for proceeding.

You know where to find us when you want to begin.

JR

I'd have to agree. Start studying now. Work a few problems, say one a day and start ramping up as the next test approaches.

Hell oh yeah I am studying again. I am taking it easy though. I did or very good or really bad, according to the diagnostic sheet. What I mean is that there are areas that I got from 25 ~ 33 %. Too many of them. There are some that I got over 75 and I even had a couple of 100 %. I am dealing with the low score areas right now. I will increase the pace as the test comes closer. Maybe I will have some time to shoot the breeze. Thanks to all. Good postings and advices. jregieng, I believe you when you say this place helped you. I was lurking on the Transpo area and there is more info there than in a library.

When I failed the 1st time what I did was get good and drunk / feel sorry for myself for a weekend, and then I found that by going ahead and hitting the books again stopped me from feeling sorry for myself.

Undertaker........Which section did you take. As Im sure others on this board have, I have accumulated a wealth of electronic files with alot of good information that I will be happy to post anytime. :reading:

Back