How long have you gone without a raise?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind very warm summer temps and drought...the weather in Texas is lovely. It'll be about 80 degrees here today. I think I'm going to start my garden this weekend.

Oh and we don't have an income tax...

I went 3.5 years with only a $1/hour raise for passing the PE. I left and got a 20% raise at a new company. Woot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2% after 3 years, last year we had a 5% cut which lasted about 9 months. My group posted more revenue (most in history of the firm, not just a fluke year) with fewer people and they still want to put off salery increase discussion until next year. They said there will be bonus but still not a word on how much. I think this is not going to be pleasant.

This is everyone where I work not just me, but its time to start looking... the 6 mile commute has been one thing that kept me from looking.....

I had a job offer but asked for them to cover my commute expence, that ended that discussion, My current commute is 10 m door to door. I need alot more money if I am going to spend 2hr+ in the car for another job.

Starting to wonder if this thread is an indication of how many resumes are floating around out there right now...

^^No kidding, just read and this is a bit depressing. Sorry to hear about all of your woes guys.

Longest I went was 1.5yrs. but compensation was just above the national avg. so didn't mind much. Soon after, was laid off and found a new company that wanted to pay a new PE fatty stacks so I accepted (PE probably helped that) which was a nice "raise". Our reviews are in summer, update to come. I concur w/ previous recommendations about looking elsewhere, there's always a greener pasture. I my case I needed to get laid off to know it's true.

Which reminds me: "No matter how hot she is, some guy out there is sick and tired of putting up with her $h!t"

I went two years without a raise before moving on to bigger and better things. This year, my department received a small COLA.

Back