How I Passed The PE with One Simple but Unknown Tip

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order to put this to bed you need to answer one question for yourself:

Is NCEES the type of organization to apply time and money to reorganizing the answers to questions for every version of every test so that each test has an equal distribution of As, Bs,Cs, and Ds.

I'm on the fence because I'm the type of person that arranges all the pencils sitting on my desk in a nicely organized fashion...and I took and passed their test.

medtees-ocd.jpg
c944ffe3216d82e608c50247cd37b58368114bd37bb850305b0d0899029571c0.jpg

In order to put this to bed you need to answer one question for yourself:

Is NCEES the type of organization to apply time and money to reorganizing the answers to questions for every version of every test so that each test has an equal distribution of As, Bs,Cs, and Ds.

I'm on the fence because I'm the type of person that arranges all the pencils sitting on my desk in a nicely organized fashion...and I took and passed their test.

Google words like "multiple choice", "psychometrics", "key-balanced", etc., and you'll see there's more to this discussion than anal retentiveness.

Dayum, gone a few days and look what happens.
Yeah, the whole world feel apart on you. No need to study for standardized tests anymore. Just need to know how many of each letter they are looking for.

Dayum, gone a few days and look what happens.
Yeah, the whole world feel apart on you. No need to study for standardized tests anymore. Just need to know how many of each letter they are looking for.
If only I had known this those times I failed...right.

Could have maybe, possibly, figured out what pattern the a b c d went in. Take the first hour to answer the "definitely right" questions, then use the other three hours figuring out how many of each letter you need, and what pattern it would be in. I mean if they are so ocd as to make 10 of each letter answers for each 4 hour go, surely there is a pattern on the answer sheet too!

Back