How I Passed The PE with One Simple but Unknown Tip

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

So what is the goddamn tip? I'm getting anxious over here.
There are 40 questions in the morning and 40 questions in the afternoon portions of the exam (duh, i know). BUT, for each of these portions there are always 10 A's, 10 B's, 10 C's and 10 D answer choices! I seriously exponentially increased my chances of guessing on the ones I did not know just from knowing this.

There are 40 questions in the morning and 40 questions in the afternoon portions of the exam (duh, i know). BUT, for each of these portions there are always 10 A's, 10 B's, 10 C's and 10 D answer choices! I seriously exponentially increased my chances of guessing on the ones I did not know just from knowing this.
Dangerous rumors to be spreading.

Call NCEES and ask them yourself. I did. I asked if it was ok to share info like this and they said yes and confirmed it.

Call NCEES and ask them yourself. I did. I asked if it was ok to share info like this and they said yes and confirmed it.
So, if I understand this correctly, the same organization that told everyone an hour before they released the results that they did not know when they would be released I'd going to acknowledge that there is some sort of methodology to the whole exam????
Sorry, but I call

19bcf7db86eec13fc02fe4629710d250.jpg

So, if I understand this correctly, the same organization that told everyone an hour before they released the results that they did not know when they would be released I'd going to acknowledge that there is some sort of methodology to the whole exam????
Sorry, but I call

everyone's different...worked for me though. have to take everything you hear in life and decide for yourself what to believe.

Sorry, but I call

everyone's different...worked for me though. have to take everything you hear in life and decide for yourself what to believe.
Very true. However, seeing things like this can lead to a certain perception on test day.People need to be prepared for the exam, not looking for a magic trick to pass.

Sorry, but I call

Very true. However, seeing things like this can lead to a certain perception on test day.People need to be prepared for the exam, not looking for a magic trick to pass.
By all means people should be studying their butts off. But nobody gets them all right and when you do need to guess...knowing this will vastly increase your chances.

Only if you got the first 39 correct.

Only if you got the first 39 correct.
or the first 38...then you know one is C and one is D so just guess C for both and you get one right. If you didn't know this tip then your chances of getting both are ridiculously lower obviously.

Must only apply to the mechanical test, cause I know I didn't have 10 of each on mine. Thank god I didn't use this tidbit of info. I might have failed trying to over think an already difficult test.

I called NCEES to see if it was ok to share this info and not only did they say it was ok but they also confirmed this. And yes it is a huge advantage. The best way to take the test is to go through and answer the questions you know how to do first. Let's say you've done that and you go back to find out there are 2 that you just absolutely do not know how to do. If you count the responses you already have you find the answer has to be either C or D because you already have 10 As and 10 Bs. Logic says to guess C for both of them and you will get at least one right. That my friend is an advantage!

d92.jpg

Must only apply to the mechanical test, cause I know I didn't have 10 of each on mine. Thank god I didn't use this tidbit of info. I might have failed trying to over think an already difficult test.
Yeah I am not sure if it applies to any other tests. That's why I posted it under this Mechanical section. Definitely don't want to throw anybody else off. Can always call and ask them though. Congrats on passing! I heard in a couple years it will be all computerized like the FE just changed over to.

I still find it difficult to believe that the NCEES is going to produce a test that you could turn into a statistical advantage just by counting how many "A's" you answered already.

I guess anyone that listens to this deserves the inevitable, taking it again in October.

I still find it difficult to believe that the NCEES is going to produce a test that you could turn into a statistical advantage just by counting how many "A's" you answered already.

I guess anyone that listens to this deserves the inevitable, taking it again in October.
Im telling you I didn't believe it at first either. I had to ask the instructor three times. everyone in the class was shocked but extremely gracious. That's why I called NCEES too. Unless you made the questions at some point or knew someone that did you would not believe all of the statistics that go into it. Most people have absolutely no idea how they make the test and what the rigorous process is but those that do understand. Haha I take it Ramnares P.E. has absolutely no clue.

Back