How do you sign off your email?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closing options

• Thank you

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sincerely

• Cheers

• Respectfully

• Regards

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • -(your name)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
For business emails I always have this:

Please let me know if you have any questions or require additional information.

Thank you

_name

Name Name, PE 
Title
Company
Address
(W)

Logo

BBdfCapCEAEJxH1.jpg

For those in the military, it's always (supposed to be!) "Respectfully," or "Very respectfully,", oftentimes abbreviated just R/, or V/r/,  And whoa to them who get it backwards.  But not me...  I don't play that!
Seems like everyone in the PHS does the "V/r" thing, only a handful spell the whole thing out.

Aside from that, I usually just go with the '"Thanks".  It may not always make sense, but it's warm and polite, and you can't go wrong with that.  

I doctored the mandated company logo to take the stupid, effing connected vehicle logo off.

Seems like everyone in the PHS does the "V/r" thing, only a handful spell the whole thing out.

Aside from that, I usually just go with the '"Thanks".  It may not always make sense, but it's warm and polite, and you can't go wrong with that.  
Of course if it is to another hasher it's :

onon

p-e

Ov'r here in East Tex....I see a lot of "God bless" or "Have a blessed day" or some wording followed by bible verse, or even the actual bible verse itself. I'm inclined to think this is a "regional" thing for this area.

Not to start an argument but a bible verse in your work email signature isn't very professional...

I see a lot of motivational quotes depending upon the region of the country as well. As far as it being professional, I don't see an issue when some of the companies that you cater to have a morning prayer before they start their work day. I'm not talking about churches either. I feel like this doesn't mean it should go out to everyone as a standard signature. It's an interesting topic since I'm not sure where the line is. CEOs get blasted for it but service technicians get by with it just fine...

:dunno:

Ov'r here in East Tex....I see a lot of "God bless" or "Have a blessed day" or some wording followed by bible verse, or even the actual bible verse itself. I'm inclined to think this is a "regional" thing for this area.
I think it's goes without saying that it's regional.

Not to start an argument but a bible verse in your work email signature isn't very professional...
It's usually not the "professionals" that sign that way.  It depends on the size of the business, too...but I would say it's not uncommon in the Lone Star state.

I don't know, maybe not up north, but even out here in the west I still see the occasional scripture on a government email signature, but I think the Northeast has more people looking for something to be offended about

My default is just

Kzieg
Project Engineer

Company blah blah crap

But sometimes I'll add a "Thanks, Kzieg" if I'm feeling the need to be friendly.

Back