HCM Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLG923PE

Reaction score
I'm working through the HCM right now. Chap 10 is called Freeway Facilities and Chap 11 is Basic Freeway Segments. Some of the same equations appear in each Chap. What is the difference between the two?

Can you list some specific examples?

If I remember correctly, there is no difference. They just repeat the equation for convenience. So, in Chapt 11, instead of saying "Use equation 10-X from Chapt 10", they just repost the equation in Chapt 11.

The repeat in equations, etc is what I was referring to, wasn't sure of the reason and was hoping someone could give some insight into the actual difference between the two chapters.

The repeat in equations, etc is what I was referring to, wasn't sure of the reason and was hoping someone could give some insight into the actual difference between the two chapters.
I'm still not sure what it is you are asking. Do you have a specific question about chapters 10 and 11?

Well FFS ..... Fhv things like that are not going to change.

Is that what you were referring to?

I think most of us are EET fanboys

How is EET going JQ?

It was good .... we are through all the material now, just working problems, and getting ready for the big day at this point. I need to redo the entire breadth session over the next couple weeks. It feels like it has been forever since I took those classes, and I feel like things have been forgotten.

Other than that, just getting ready. I feel like I am bout 50% of where I wanted to be at this point. Who knows. I guess you never feel ready.

I think most of us are EET fanboys
How is EET going JQ?
It was good .... we are through all the material now, just working problems, and getting ready for the big day at this point. I need to redo the entire breadth session over the next couple weeks. It feels like it has been forever since I took those classes, and I feel like things have been forgotten.

Other than that, just getting ready. I feel like I am bout 50% of where I wanted to be at this point. Who knows. I guess you never feel ready.
You'll do fine. I have no doubt that you'll pass.

Back