Has anyone tried EET or PPE Exam Cafe?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! So as a background, I’m on test attempt #3.  I’ve previously taken SoPE, and while the prep was good, I want to try a different review course. 

Has anyone taken the EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course for exam prep?  I’ve heard really good things about it.  I’m historically very weak in water, and since water comprises 30% of the Environmental PE, it seems like a good idea for me to focus on this.  This approach appears to be similar to Testmaster’s (prepping for the water components).

For the other subject areas, I was thinking of doing the PPE Exam Café.  Has anyone tried that for Environmental? Is it worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated…I really want to pass this in October :)
Hi. You said you took the SoPE prep course, presumably for the Enviro Exam.  Even though you say it was good, evidently it wasn't good enough.  I have started the SoPE Enviro prep course and just wondering what about the course is good or bad, or what you think it's lacking as far as prepping you for the actual exam.  Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Hi. You said you took the SoPE prep course, presumably for the Enviro Exam.  Even though you say it was good, evidently it wasn't good enough.  I have started the SoPE Enviro prep course and just wondering what about the course is good or bad, or what you think it's lacking as far as prepping you for the actual exam.  Any input is appreciated, thanks!
It's a good refresher (I have been out of school for 10+ years now), but you can't just relay on SoPE as your only way of studying. That was my biggest problem.  And they are pretty up front with you on that.  My first exam attempt, I was focusing on things going on in my personal life and didn't start studying until 5 weeks before. I prepped using only SoPE. I got a 63 (needed a 70 to pass), so I think SoPE helped me at least get into that range.  The second time around, I ran through more problems on my own, but it wasn't enough.  If you do SoPE, make sure you do as many practice problems as you can on your own.  I will say that there are some sections that are more thorough than others.  If you do all the review modules + and do a lot of practice problems outside of the course, then you should be fine. 

It's a good refresher (I have been out of school for 10+ years now), but you can't just relay on SoPE as your only way of studying. That was my biggest problem.  And they are pretty up front with you on that.  My first exam attempt, I was focusing on things going on in my personal life and didn't start studying until 5 weeks before. I prepped using only SoPE. I got a 63 (needed a 70 to pass), so I think SoPE helped me at least get into that range.  The second time around, I ran through more problems on my own, but it wasn't enough.  If you do SoPE, make sure you do as many practice problems as you can on your own.  I will say that there are some sections that are more thorough than others.  If you do all the review modules + and do a lot of practice problems outside of the course, then you should be fine. 
Ok, thanks for the response.  That's basically my plan.  I've been reviewing about a month now for the October exam. My plan is to go through the review course and then once I'm done spend the next month or two just pounding out practice problems every waking moment.

Back