Harsh Punishment

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this happen, but thought nothing of it:

Someone had a blank psychrometric chart with them; then, in working out a problem, used their NCEES pencil and their own, legal, 12" ruler to draw a process line on their psych chart- just like you HAVE to do to work out problems.

Would that be considered illegal (in that they wrote in their own book during the exam)?

Was there a psych chart in the question book? Maybe, I can't remember.

Ed

Last edited:
That's the dilemma I ran in to, in my case regarding charts on an air quality problem. I really wanted to draw a line so I could pick an accurate value off the chart, but it just wasn't worth the headache.

I took the test in the infamous CLEVELAND! The guy ahead of me drew the attention of the circling vulture (proctor) when she spotted he had materials bound with a big metal clip. Within minutes a whole flock of vultures surrounded this poor bastard. I thought 'this guy is toast' screwing with the rules in CLEVELAND! Anyway after a brief discussion they just took his material away and let him continue, which was probably tough without the info. I too wouldn't put up much of a protest with half a dozen vultures around me. It's a little distracting though for the people around.

Man I hope I don't have to repeat that!!!

:true:

Latest posts

Back