Happy Spring 2012!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because our winter was so warm, alot of the pollens that hit those of us with allergies never really "settled", so this spring we're getting hit with all 3 allergy types (trees, grasses, weeds). Usually it's only the trees in the spring, but this last week has started getting miserable.

Time to make my usual investment in Zyrtec & Kleenex...

We usually bypass either Fall or Spring on a regular basis. This year it seems that we bypassed both Winter and Spring. We had one week where it was somewhat cool (highs in the 40s) and that was it. My grass is fully green now, flowers are blooming and the fish are biting. I do enjoy having distinct seasons but I'm really glad the warm weather is here now.

Because our winter was so warm, alot of the pollens that hit those of us with allergies never really "settled", so this spring we're getting hit with all 3 allergy types (trees, grasses, weeds). Usually it's only the trees in the spring, but this last week has started getting miserable.

Time to make my usual investment in Zyrtec & Kleenex...
"I caunt, Mim says theys spoars"

48152207_14e3c7c2bc.jpg

It's been my experience that weed isn't traded publicly...
Tell that to the college kids in the Wal-Mart parking lot next to us a few weekends back. We were loading groceries and the kids sat in their car as an "interesting" car pulled beside them and things got exchanged. We started laughing and they knew the jig was up. They grinned and hauled ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got at least a cord of wood that I split myself early fall, had one fire the entire winter... no clue what the hell I will do with a cord of wood this summer..

Tell that to the college kids in the Wal-Mart parking lot next to us a few weekends back. We were loading groceries and the kids sat in their car as an "interesting" car pulled beside them and things got exchanged. We started laughing and they knew the jig was up. They grinned and hauled ass.
You should have meandered off somewhere and called the cops on them. I'd head back into Wally Mart for a beach chair and bag of chips and watch the fun.

You should have meandered off somewhere and called the cops on them. I'd head back into Wally Mart for a beach chair and bag of chips and watch the fun.
Meh, they looked like the band geek, innocent puppy type of kids. To answer questions on a police report about a small bag of weed is nothing I care to do.

Played Farmer Brown this weekend. We got a lot of flowers from the local farmers market, and planted tomato, squash, cucumber, and green pepper plants as well as seeded some carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the ball rolling on getting the landscaping in the backyard. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to fill-in some of the low spots in the grade so it's ready to start laying out sprinkler systems. Based on my survey (yes, I actually surveyed the yard), I still need about 20CY of fill dirt to get the yard built up to how I want it, so for the next couple of weeks I will be stealing dirt from the adjacent lot (still under construction with a ton of extra material the superintendent said I could have) by the wheel-barrow load.

Dude, 20 cubic yards by wheelbarrow. That sounds like a bitch.

As a side note, and maybe this doesn't go in this thread, I'm looking at putting in a sprinkler system as well. However, I want to install a shallow well so I don't have to pay for water. I've read some info online about it and I think where I am I can hit water at 40 feet. Anyone have any experience with this?

Got the ball rolling on getting the landscaping in the backyard. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to fill-in some of the low spots in the grade so it's ready to start laying out sprinkler systems. Based on my survey (yes, I actually surveyed the yard), I still need about 20CY of fill dirt to get the yard built up to how I want it, so for the next couple of weeks I will be stealing dirt from the adjacent lot (still under construction with a ton of extra material the superintendent said I could have) by the wheel-barrow load.
Protip: Call the city and have a separate tap and meter installed for the sprinkler. That way you just pay water fees instead of water/sewer fees you'd pay if you fed the sprinklers off the house.

Back