Hand Calcs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzoueng

Hop Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I reaqd through the Candidate Agreement twice, where excatly do we do our hand calcs for problems?

I have been using a notepad (3-ringed) to do my hand calcs on. On test day, where do you do your calcs? NCEES has all these recordable instruments rules, notepads are one of them. Do you just write in the test book? Do they give you a notepad that needs to stay behind?

I see the report time on my authorization, but what time does the test ACTUALLY start? What time does it end? There is a 1 hour break for lunch, so what time does the afternoon start and end?

Okay, I reaqd through the Candidate Agreement twice, where excatly do we do our hand calcs for problems?
I have been using a notepad (3-ringed) to do my hand calcs on. On test day, where do you do your calcs? NCEES has all these recordable instruments rules, notepads are one of them. Do you just write in the test book? Do they give you a notepad that needs to stay behind?

I see the report time on my authorization, but what time does the test ACTUALLY start? What time does it end? There is a 1 hour break for lunch, so what time does the afternoon start and end?
When I took the test there was plenty of room on the test booklet for calculations. I left the book behind.

I think it was maybe 30-45 minutes after report time that the test started. Once everyone was in and settled and they read the instructions.

After the morning starts they time it, and give you a warning near the end of that session. Then you go for lunch and come back in an hour. Repeat the same thing.

I wouldn't worry about that unless you need to catch a bus or something. Just get there at or before report time. THere was a considerable line where I took the test.

It is pretty much like the EIT.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will do the calcs on the exam booklet. There will be plenty of space there.

Be on or before report time. You will know other times yourself. They will give you full 8 hours.

You can find the Exam Day Schedule from the link http://www.ncees.org/Exams/Exam-day_policies.php

I'm assuming NCEES means local time. Can someone confirm it?

Good luck!

Back