GOOD Day.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snick: Tell your friend congrats!

SSmith: Sorry to hear that. Flowers and a card usually help me out of those situations.

Yesterday, not so good. People in the office just being b*tchy. Today should be excellent. The sun is out, severe clear, upper 60s. Brought the bike to work, going for a lunchtime ride, first of the season. Woo hoo!

Not a good day. Our engineering doesn't understand what a "specification" is. By not following said specification, they have turned a 3 digit designation into a 20+ character long string, and it's wreaking havoc on our software. Then reply with, "well, we did it this way, why can't you just use it?"

I'm thinking of just getting my MS in psychology, quitting, and becoming a headcase.

Making ice cream...sounds like fun. I don't have the patience to sit there and churn.
I've got a small ice cream maker. It makes one quart overall. You basically just stick the container in the freezer overnight, and it freezes this gel stuff inside of it.

You pour in your mixture and, connect the top with the paddle to it, and turn it on. It takes about 45 minutes and stops automatically once it reaches a certain thickness. Then you just toss it in the freezer for a few hours and you are all set.

It's totally painless.

I've got a small ice cream maker. It makes one quart overall. You basically just stick the container in the freezer overnight, and it freezes this gel stuff inside of it.
You pour in your mixture and, connect the top with the paddle to it, and turn it on. It takes about 45 minutes and stops automatically once it reaches a certain thickness. Then you just toss it in the freezer for a few hours and you are all set.

It's totally painless.
Ice cream is the last thing I need to be eating right now...although i prefer sherbet.

hope the wife's birthday went well.

Ice cream is the last thing I need to be eating right now...although i prefer sherbet.
Is ice cream bad when you're pregnant or is it just that you are gaining weight at this point to start with and don't need anything else to hasten it along?

I like sherbet better as well. I find it more refreshing. Although my favorite thing out of the ice cream book we have is this honeydew sorbet. Yum!

hope the wife's birthday went well.
Snick, this is the one time of your life that you are expected to gain weight! Eat the ice cream!

My whole pregnancy I was flipping out about how much weight I was gaining... ended up +45lbs. I had lost it all within the first 6 months, and another 12 or so in the next 6 months. Yes, some people gain a bunch of weight during pregnancy and never lose it, but, it's not worth it to stress over the weight gain during the pregnancy. You'll have the rest of your life to lose it if necessary. Enjoy yourself now... seriously, I wish I hadn't spent so much time stressing about it.

Snick, this is the one time of your life that you are expected to gain weight! Eat the ice cream!
My whole pregnancy I was flipping out about how much weight I was gaining... ended up +45lbs. I had lost it all within the first 6 months, and another 12 or so in the next 6 months. Yes, some people gain a bunch of weight during pregnancy and never lose it, but, it's not worth it to stress over the weight gain during the pregnancy. You'll have the rest of your life to lose it if necessary. Enjoy yourself now... seriously, I wish I hadn't spent so much time stressing about it.
:D No stressing here, I splurge about once a week on something like ice cream or dessert, but even pre-preg I didn't eat that stuff very often, usually just around holidays.

I've only gained about 5lbs so far, which is surprising since I eat like every 2-3 hours it seems. The produce bill as skyrockected though...can't wait for fruit to actually be in season and fresh veggies.

Finally finished up two days of client meetings. Now the annoying girl that sits outside my office is typing up 20 pages of meeting minutes. I told her to keep it simple and she comes up with 20 pages. Now I need to head over the the scream thread.

TXengChick ~ Wish it had been that easy for me. I'm struggling to lose the weight. I gained a lot, but had gestational diabetes. First go round they don't test you till the end. Next pregnancy they are going to test me early and it's going to suck!

Finally finished up two days of client meetings. Now the annoying girl that sits outside my office is typing up 20 pages of meeting minutes. I told her to keep it simple and she comes up with 20 pages. Now I need to head over the the scream thread.
20 pages...she must have an english degree/background. Writing a page full of nonsense that could be captured in 2 sentences. Thats the main reason I had trouble in english classes.

...Yesterday, not so good. People in the office just being b*tchy. Today should be excellent. The sun is out, severe clear, upper 60s. Brought the bike to work, going for a lunchtime ride, first of the season. Woo hoo!
Well, the day WAS going well. Got 2 proposals out, one on an airport job. Then went out for my lunch-time bike ride. Get back, and I have an email from airport guy basically saying that I didn't read the specs. I did read the specs, and the portion of the project we are bidding on is not defined scope-wise, so I had to make some major assumptions, all incorrect. On the plus side, airport guy is letting us re-submit, and even my boss is not sure about the scope. Home office is having to handle it. Oh well. I hope we get the work, cuz it would be a boon to the company right now, and it would look favorably on me (I think), as I made the initial try on it, with direction from the higher ups. I'm going to go join Chuck in the screaming thread now.

20 pages...she must have an english degree/background. Writing a page full of nonsense that could be captured in 2 sentences. Thats the main reason I had trouble in english classes.

She will literally write down everything that was said, every little unimportant conversation. I don't know how she keeps track of it. It was a 4 hour meeting.

Same here. I hear it often to add some more 'meat' to something Ive worked. Now I just say that I keep my products lean to leverage some of the Lean Six Sigma momentum. Sometimes it works. But I would guess that's largely because the people I'm talking to don't know what Lean is.

I gained a lot, but had gestational diabetes. First go round they don't test you till the end. Next pregnancy they are going to test me early and it's going to suck!
I had gestational diabetes with 1st, but not with 2nd. Not the way it usually happens, but nothing about pregnancy is usual.

edit:

Oh, and I had a very good day. :) I got to see my daughter who is away at school because I had training in a nearby town. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that's true.

I had a presentation to give today that I was stressing over for the past couple weeks. But now its done. Whoo-hoo! I'm going to spam the rest of the day. Oh man, it's already 3pm. I'm going to spam for the next hour and a half.

Today is thankfully going by quickly. So in that regards, it's going better than most!

Last night, not so good. I got fed up with one of the women who had been flirting with me but never seemed to want to take it any further, and I called her a window shopper. She was not amused.

Good thing you didn't call her a muff bluffer.
Well, my little outburst must have worked, because she sent me raunchy pictures last night and is going to have me for a bit of a sleepover when her apartment is "less of a mess". That day's going to be a GREAT day. :dancingnaughty:

Back