Get ready, because I'm about to blow your mind

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just sounds completely ridiculous for an adult to use the term “pop” up in these parts…

So I started due to the wife being from the Midwest…

I still chuckle a little whenever I say it and see the reaction.

apparently when I call it pop in my Chicago accent it still confuses some people here in central IL.

I still don't know what a chicago accent is, but have been told on many occassions I have one.

apparently when I call it pop in my Chicago accent it still confuses some people here in central IL.
I still don't know what a chicago accent is, but have been told on many occassions I have one.
A coworker in north Florida told me after a year there that I’d lost my Michigan accent. I didn’t know that I had an accent… or that I had lost it.

I am a soda only guy up here in the very green state of Oregon. But lots of people call it pop, to me you just sound like you are an 8 year old when you do.

I never here much coke ever, unless they from somewhere else, which is getting very common here in Portland....

If ordering in a resteraunt I usually say "Give me a Coke or Pepsi", that way I cover both brand names.

Yup, at a restaurant, I always say "Coke, Pepsi... whichever you have"
makes a huge difference for me. It's either pepsi or diet coke. never diet pepsi or coke

Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Coke all taste about the same to me.... Diet Coke though, last time I had it (or maybe it's just the caffeine free version) was nasty....

A coworker in north Florida told me after a year there that I’d lost my Michigan accent. I didn’t know that I had an accent… or that I had lost it.
There's a Michigan accent? I always thought people from Michigan spoke in the non-accent that news reporters use.

In SW Oklahoma it was always called Coke, followed by what kind? Coca-Cola, Orange Soda, ect...

My son calls my Shiner Bock beer "Mountain Goat Juice" because of the picture of the Mountain Goat on the bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back