geotech question help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

Reaction score
can somebody please tell me are they any question in (PE GEO) DEPTH exam about

PILE SHEET OR ANCHOR ROD ?

thanks

can somebody please tell me are they any question in (PE GEO) DEPTH exam aboutPILE SHEET OR ANCHOR ROD ?

thanks
Yes it is quite possible to get a question about either or both.

If you have Lindeburg's Civil PE Sample Examination 2nd edition 2008, I thought morning question #7 was helpful.

This question is typical asking for the anchor capacity, or pull out strength,Pu.

which is solved by Pu = A(Br): where Br = bond strength of the rock.

For a round shaft: Pu = ABr = 2(PI)(radus)(length of anchor shaft)(Br).

Some other questions in anchoring type may asked how long an anchor shaft needs to be.

You might want to read up on both questions and do the examples in one of Das' foundation Engineering books.

I don't have mine right here or I'd give ou an example.

can somebody please tell me are they any question in (PE GEO) DEPTH exam aboutPILE SHEET OR ANCHOR ROD ?

thanks
Yes it is quite possible to get a question about either or both.

If you have Lindeburg's Civil PE Sample Examination 2nd edition 2008, I thought morning question #7 was helpful.

This question is typical asking for the anchor capacity, or pull out strength,Pu.

which is solved by Pu = A(Br): where Br = bond strength of the rock.

For a round shaft: Pu = ABr = 2(PI)(radus)(length of anchor shaft)(Br).

Some other questions in anchoring type may asked how long an anchor shaft needs to be.

You might want to read up on both questions and do the examples in one of Das' foundation Engineering books.

I don't have mine right here or I'd give ou an example.

thanks it was helpful

Back