Geotech Depth Difficulty October 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the lindeberg practice tests. I worked the first one like it was a real test and got a 50% on it. The second one i worked about 3 problems in an hour and gave up. I did go though the solutions to each question for practice though.
I did like the real test as well I worked 6 minute solutions, goswami practice exams and other problems as well as the NCEES practice test, they were hard but I went through the solutions also, I think I'll need more work that's why thinking more of October not April to retake it. Thanks

I did like the real test as well I worked 6 minute solutions, goswami practice exams and other problems as well as the NCEES practice test, they were hard but I went through the solutions also, I think I'll need more work that's why thinking more of October not April to retake it. Thanks
Well good luck! You seem to have the right mindset. Keep pushing until you have it!

6 months.

when  you study make sure  you focus on the concepts rather than the calculations and look for word problems rather than direct calculations. 

like consolidation rate what is the meaning of Tv , U , Sult, St...

Das Book and Subsurface  investigation I mentioned days ago in this board.

EET is good help in Goe depth.

Good luck.

6 months.

when  you study make sure  you focus on the concepts rather than the calculations and look for word problems rather than direct calculations. 

Good luck.
Thanks for everything you have shared on this thread! I am taking the exam in April. I have understood from others that have taken the exam that concept questions are popular. 

6 months.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! wish you all the best...I decided on retaking the exam next October to give my self more time to go through the books you mentioned that am ordering already.

Passed October 2017.

Used CERM, Goswami PE reference manual (got me some points in the afternoon), Das Principles of Geotechnical Engineering, Das Principles of Foundation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineers Portable Handbook. 

Also brought ASCE7-10 but did not use. 

Passed October 2017.

Used CERM, Goswami PE reference manual (got me some points in the afternoon), Das Principles of Geotechnical Engineering, Das Principles of Foundation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineers Portable Handbook. 

Also brought ASCE7-10 but did not use. 

Is the Geotech Portable Handbook the second edition by Robert Day? I don't have that book but it seems useful for the PE and everyday work. Thanks!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent Geotechnical exam?

Personally, I feel it was not difficult. But that is my opinion, I don't know what others think

It was easy, but those conceptual questions were little tricky, as you know everyone has his own judgment. Hope will pass.

Back