Geotech Depth Difficulty October 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SDB, no need to post the same thing four times... Please let me know if you'd like your three additional posts deleted.

To all those waiting for results.... Spend some time and relax on the spam board! Results are unlikely to be released until it's goal is reached, so really, it's in your best interest to join in the fun.

If I had to take it again, I would  take with  copy of this book

Subsurface investigations

Training Course in Geotechnical And Foundation Engineering             Publication No FHWA HI-97-021 November 1997

NHI courseNo  Module 1

How many geotechs have passed here?

Didn't pass. Wasn't expecting what I got in Morning. 
First time exam taker here....Civil Geotech...I failed. And I felt well prepared. The PM session was not what I was expecting nor was much of it part of the PPI or NCEES practice exams. So I will study more and retake it in April and hope to never go through this again!! LOL I didn't do too bad in all reality, but it wasn't good enough to pass.

Training Course in Geotechnical And Foundation Engineering             Publication No FHWA HI-97-021 November 1997

NHI courseNo  Module 1
Thanks, I will print that out and bring it next time. I had both Coduto books (Geotech Eng and Foundations) which were also pretty useful. Anything else from FHWA that you found particularly useful?

NHI courseNo  Module 1
Follow up question...how do I get rid of "Archive" that is printed on every page of that manual? Or am I stuck with it....thanks!

Thanks, I will print that out and bring it next time. I had both Coduto books (Geotech Eng and Foundations) which were also pretty useful. Anything else from FHWA that you found particularly useful?
Principles of Foundation Engineering ( DAS)

Follow up question...how do I get rid of "Archive" that is printed on every page of that manual? Or am I stuck with it....thanks!
If you have  Adobe Pro you  can delete any unnecessary  pages. I did that while  was waiting  for  My exam results.

Congratulation!!!!!!!!

You are definitely one of the best geotech out there for sure. 
Thank you.

Not all students are the same, therefore standardized tests are impractical. Albert Einstein once said, “Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Back