Funny exam site stories of April 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, at some point, you have to analyze the value of further investment of time in a particular problem vs. moving on and finding other, lower hanging fruit. I flew through each section (AM and PM) in about an hour skipping all but the easiest problems. Then wen't back and got a second group of problems that were fairly straight forward but required at least looking something up. That left me with about 2 hours to do the third set of brain grinding problems. I think that was the best way to conserve my mental energy. Hopefully since I wasn't mentally exhusted when I was doing the easy ones, I limitted the number of obvious mistakes.
That's how I approached the EIT and will do the same when I take the PE. It seemed to work for me.
+1

Yep, at some point, you have to analyze the value of further investment of time in a particular problem vs. moving on and finding other, lower hanging fruit. I flew through each section (AM and PM) in about an hour skipping all but the easiest problems. Then wen't back and got a second group of problems that were fairly straight forward but required at least looking something up. That left me with about 2 hours to do the third set of brain grinding problems. I think that was the best way to conserve my mental energy. Hopefully since I wasn't mentally exhusted when I was doing the easy ones, I limitted the number of obvious mistakes.
That's how I approached the EIT and will do the same when I take the PE. It seemed to work for me.
+1
I did the same. It also helps with building your confidence

Back