foreign undergraduate degree and US master

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come HerrKaLeun is allowed to sit FE Exam but not PE because of his educational backround.

Educational credits are calculated during FE application and experience requirements fullfilled afterwards to sit PE.

At least this is what happened with me. I was required 6 years of experience to sit PE.

I submitted my application with NYS Board of Education to arrive at once; the original transcript, word by word translation of a copy, a separate credential evaluation, and all other forms; supported by persistent phone calls and emails.

When I submitted required experience a year later, I got the green light.

@Ironman

By law, H1B workers(foreign engineers) are required to represent a salary more than the average depending on the employer's locality.

If you are complaining that engineers in US are underpaid , unfortunately engineering is a low paid occupation all over the world.

How come HerrKaLeun is allowed to sit FE Exam but not PE because of his educational backround.Educational credits are calculated during FE application and experience requirements fullfilled afterwards to sit PE.

At least this is what happened with me. I was required 6 years of experience to sit PE.

I submitted my application with NYS Board of Education to arrive at once; the original transcript, word by word translation of a copy, a separate credential evaluation, and all other forms; supported by persistent phone calls and emails.

@Ironman

By law, H1B workers(foreign engineers) are required to represent a salary more than the average depending on the employer's locality.

If you are complaining that engineers in US are underpaid , unfortunately engineering is a low paid occupation all over the world.

misafir,

I agree, youre right, You cant lower youre price you have to follow the salary scale, engineers are not paid well and it is a difficult job, stressful and demands more time from you.

Once I pass PE Civil I'll try my luck in States and see what happens.

How come HerrKaLeun is allowed to sit FE Exam but not PE because of his educational backround.Educational credits are calculated during FE application and experience requirements fullfilled afterwards to sit PE.

@Ironman

misafir,

I agree, youre right, You cant lower youre price you have to follow the salary scale, engineers are not paid well and it is a difficult job, stressful and demands more time from you.

Once I pass PE Civil I'll try my luck in States and see what happens.

engineers from ABET Univ shouldnt feel like this, I could have thought they are nice and good engineers but not true. I viewed that from Far East all the books we used are from the 1st world and when you get get here, the reality, they might be threatened or misunderstood engineers from foreign land, we are just merely trying our best to practice competitively in North America, our success depends on how we perform and opportunities we might come across here. They didnt know how hard to cross the continents and get qualified even to sit in exams like FE and PE for us, you couldnt imagine the struggle I went through I have experienced it and for most foreign engineers. Just so they would know.

If they keep accepting forign degrees and transfering the credits and letting them get PE's no matter how much experience they have then US citizen engineers are going to have a tougher time getting good jobs and a good bill rate. Its hard enough to get young people to enter these fields from the US and it will be even harder competing with 3rd worlders (china and india included) who have sketchy degrees and are willing to work for 10 cents an hour or at the very least are soaking up good paying US jobs even if they are not contribuing to the wage deflation. China has massive issues with plagerism and academic dishonesty, they have not done one original thing technically in a very long time (like 1000's of years long time). India is a little better but never the less I dont want to compete with them, if there is some indian who has done some truely profound work (like nobel prize stuff) then let him in but otherwise I dont want to be competeing with some indian who got their degree out of a cracker jack box.
It is interesting to see engineers to discuss the polotical questions as mechanics fix the PC issues with hammer!!!

I would think the US policy-make will close the door to prevent foreign engineers entering US if it can make the country better! I also would think majority memeber of the state education board are smart person as well becasue they are either P.E. or Doctor or both. They probably evaulated similar thoughts you had already.

As a engineer, show me your proof "China has massive issues with plagerism and academic dishonesty, they have not done one original thing technically in a very long time (like 1000's of years long time)", otherwise, you can not claim yourself as an engineer!

I believe that "1+1=2" no matter where you live.

Back