Ford F-150

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
And a lot of those sales rely on fleet agreements with many large construction and municipal groups.

Nope, Ford mortgaged their assets up to the gills but never took any federal bailout money.

^GM could have done the same, if they did it when Ford did. I don't think it would have helped them, though. bankruptcy provided the needed business changes.

I like post bankruptcy GM a lot better than pre-bankuptcy GM, from a product standpoint.

GM was also able to shed a lot of liability in bankruptcy. They split the company into Good GM and Bad GM. Bad GM now owns all the toxic, polluted assets (including a lot of land in Michigan) and Good GM will never have to pay up for liability of those sites. I don't know where Bad GM gets its funding, but I'm guessing from the gov't?

But at least one of the majors had to go into bankruptcy to force the unions into taking on their share of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
As deserved, Ford has really done well since the implosion of GM and Chrysler. They improved the quality of their vehicles and the public has jumped on board.

I know F150 does a lot of fleet sales, but they are a pretty solid truck for the money...

In all honesty if I were to get a truck, it would most likely be an F-150 Raptor...

In all honesty if I were to get a truck, it would most likely be a mid-90's Chevrolet Silverado with a modern 6.0L under the hood.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get a newer truck or just slap tires on Old Blue and run it another couple of years. The truck still runs and looks good but salt from 14 Chicago winters is starting to take its toll. I'm planning to drive an F-150 and a Ram in the next few weeks to see what I think. They're offering some really nice deals on the Ram but it's still .............................a Ram.

I used to really like the Dodge Rams, but the interiors in all Dodge/Chrysler vehicles started to feel like they're cheap plastic and poorly constructed. I haven't been inside a new Dodge in a few years though...

Yeah, if I went pickup again, it'd be an F-150. My Ranger was a petty well put together vehicle.

A friend of mine got forced into a new truck late last year (totaled his old one). He wound up with a Dodge. His experience was that GM wanted too much for their truck and he didn't like the way the steering felt in the F-150 so he went with the Ram. I'm planning to drive one of each and make sure either one will fit in the garage (short door) before I do much else.

A friend of mine got forced into a new truck late last year (totaled his old one). He wound up with a Dodge. His experience was that GM wanted too much for their truck and he didn't like the way the steering felt in the F-150 so he went with the Ram. I'm planning to drive one of each and make sure either one will fit in the garage (short door) before I do much else.
According to msn.com, all 3 trucks are 76" tall (1/2-ton, 4x4), and are a couple inches shorter for the 4x2 versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad has the Dodge 1500 and it's it it's a good truck but it just not very comfortable to drive

Between the three big truck brand is probably not that much difference actual quality just personal preference

Back