F-150 Tremor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
This thing looks badass and with 4.10s, oughta be quick.

Remember the last Lightning had 360hp...

F_150Tremor_05_HR.jpg

In an era of increasing truck sales and surging popularity of high-end, specialty pickups Ford is adding another model to the F-150 lineup. Today Ford revealed the 2014 F-150 Tremor, the company’s new sport truck trim, powered by the well-known 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6.

The Tremor takes on a bit of nostalgia with a short-bed, regular cab configuration; both lighter in mass than people-hauling trucks and more athletic in appearance as part of an FX Appearance Package. Ford has also thrown attractive flat-black 20-inch wheels, graphics and a special front-end design treatment that includes HID headlamps.

Tremor trucks also feature Ford’s floor-mounted gear shifter and MyFord Touch infotainment system, as well as a custom inspired interior.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Tremor is what is the mechanical hardware. The EcoBoost’s 365 horsepower and 410 foot-pounds of torque will flow through an aggressive 4.10 ratio rear axle, optimized for launch. The axle will also feature an automatic locking feature and be available in both two and four wheel drive...
More: http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?15929-Ford-Reveals-F-150-Tremor-Sport-Truck

365 HP / 410 ft-lbs through a 4.10 rear end "optimized for launch". Yeah, that doesn't add up. The last lightnings had about zero traction.

Well, it's a truck. It's going to spin the tires even with a bare bones V8. I don't think the new Tremor will fare much better.

The older version, IMO, still looks more badass.

2003_Ford_Lightning.jpg

Also, AWD / 4WD will only last so long before the transmission gives up the ghost if it's "optimized for launch". Ask any Subaru WRX owner.

Also, AWD / 4WD will only last so long before the transmission gives up the ghost if it's "optimized for launch". Ask any Subaru WRX owner.

Sy/Ty doesn't seem to have that issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to give them credit. I didn't think the safari/Astro 4wd system would hold up very long to the Sy/Ty once folks started their boost/bleed projects, but they have survived quite well.

Makes me wonder what sort of hp/tq the awd system in the 6000 STE AWD was capable of absorbing.

I'm not a huge fan of AWD, mainly because, down here, you don't need it. Give me RWD, the lower drivetrain loss, and a quick u-turn.

Back