Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Phase 3...right on schedule. I think anxiety killed my chances last time. I changed things up this time and I felt good when I left the test. A few drinks the night before and a few drinks after had nothing to do with it, I swear! :beerchug:

There was one question on the civil PE/water resources afternoon session that I am positive I did correctly but could not find the correlating answer in the answer choices and it's driving me crazy! The calculation involved in that particular question is one I do at work at least once a month and is very straight forward. I had tons of extra time to go back and stare at the question until time was called, this is going to haunt me for months...
This exact scenario happened to me for the Civil/Construction exam. I was pissed and spent extra time re-doing the problem (about 4X). I probably made some stupid mistake that I find at the moment or maybe NCEES was WRONG! I'm going with the second one but I doubt that's the case. A girl can wish, can't she?

Yes, over and over again. It was actually a simple problem. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
oohh I wish there was a way to make you forget what you did in the exam.

I am frustrated everyday thinking about the problems and angry realizing

stupid mistakes :mad: :mad:

Just look right here, and wait for the flash...

Men-in-Black-Neuralizer-570x320.jpg

I thought that life post-examination would be relaxed once the evening hours are freed for other activities but I am as stressed, if not more, as I was before the test. I only seem to remember those problems which I could not answer, especially the ones I knew well but could not arrive at the answer even after solving multiple times.

Call me anal but in order to get the test out of my head, I wrote down every type of problem that I could remember from the test and highlighted the ones that I believe I got wrong. It helped to clear my head.

Call me anal but in order to get the test out of my head, I wrote down every type of problem that I could remember from the test and highlighted the ones that I believe I got wrong. It helped to clear my head.

I did that for the FE, but sort of just drew a blank for PE. I don't know how close my percentage was, but my prediction of passing was correct.

I am like everybody else, the ones that either I had no idea on or, worse, the one or two where I know I made a dumb error are all I can remember. 2.5 weeks down, 7.5 to go.

everyone is forgetting the phase of asking the 8 ball and tarot card readings.

I think I have asked all the 8 balls I can find on internet and in colleagues offices.

Just took the April 2015 California Seismic exam for the first time. Wow talk about a demoralizing exam! And I though biting nails over the 8 hour last fall was bad...

I got all the phases right now. Plus an additional one .... hoping the notes I had "bound" with heavy duty staples don't invalidate my results. Ugh.

I felt very comfortable taking the HVAC and refrigeration test. If I don't pass I'll be very surprised. All this studying has paid off. Now just to wait a couple months to make sure I did pass

I don't think I totally bombed it, but there were def some problems I passed on. Environmental is such a broad exam, can't know it all. John Q how did you enjoy the dogs? Hopefully you had ear plugs.

So I can't reply to certain topics ..it says "you can't reply to this thread" any one knows why ? I have replied to the thread before

Latest posts

Back