Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the afternoon portion of the civil, transportation PM very brutal .. It was not my first time taking the test and I thought definitly the exam was much harder this time.. I am sad and hopeless as I studied a lot !!! My books are torn, full of notes and highlights and I still feel that I will be there again.. Oh well !!

Eyaz,

I like to agree with you. Although I have nothing to compare it to since it was my first time taking it, but I like to think I know a hard test when I see it.

Also I hated the blue mechanical pencil, but I still took it home.

Believe it or not I can still remember 60 out of the 80 test questions. I'm so mad that I have no idea what the other 20 were all about. It's almost as if I wasn't who answered them.

I like how the lead doesn't break...that's what I remembered from my FE pencil & then it just disappeared . Glad to have PE one

I like how the lead doesn't break...that's what I remembered from my FE pencil & then it just disappeared . Glad to have PE one
Hope u don't end up with a small collection like mine.

On the other hand how many times can I take PE exam before my 4 years experience is complete.... 5 times!!!!

Overall I feel pretty good about the Mechanical Engineering Thermal and Fluids Exam. Honestly though, I was surprised how much the practice exam and regular exam reused the basic concepts over and over again with just slight variations. I really asked myself a couple times, "Didn't I just solve this problem?" Sure enough, I look back a couple questions and there is an almost identical conceptual problem with just a different shell around it.

Only time will tell.

A good way to pass the time is to head over to the "shoot the breeze" section of engineerboards.com. Specifically: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=25068
If I had posting privileges there, I'd be happy to do that. But right now, I'm mostly limited to this post-mortem stuff.
good point. You'll be back soon.
Yeah, well, this is what happened yesterday when I was exercising and thought about a question I may (or may not) have bungled:

Heart%20Rate.jpg

try not to think about the exam too much (I know, easier said then done), there is nothing you can do about it now.

For some reason I remember the board being a lot busier after the Oct 2014 exam. What's going on here. Matt, did you and Mike scare everyone off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm looks like someone (Sap, RG) implemented a code to autocorrect t h y m e to time.

Test: Thyme

nope

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind the board is still only partially open. Hence why traffic is seemingly at a minimum presently.

Back