Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am convinced I probably missed way more questions that I thought. I cannot remember alot of them now.

I took the Electrical(Power) and realized that I did better on the questions that had calculations than the ones that were more concept base. Which I had more reference books.

I dreamed last night that I had brought my cellphone into the exam by accident and I was so scared they were going to kick me out.

Your still dreaming about the exam????

Ohhh, not good. My 7 year old will randomly look at me and say". Daddy, I bet you are so happy you don't ever have to study for that test again". If I don't pass, I'm not sure who is going to be more dissapointed.

I still get night sweats from dreams about the exam

Last edited by a moderator:
In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player," Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking of how I lost it.

-Rounders

week 2, check

6-8 to go

I know they have a verification process....but doesnt it seem like they could at least notify those who definitely passed (those with scores above 75-80 or so) right away? not that I expect that I'd be one of those people.....

reading the comments is always a amusement for me since I dont need to worry about results.

I am in CA & took & passed the 8 hr exam & survey the first time, I did not go through all the phases mentioned above, as I was pretty confident in passing them, right after I finished the exam. The 8 hr exam (october 2012)I took was not too difficult and I managed to finish the morning & afternoon session in 2 hrs each and spent the 30 minutes checking & counting how many questions I was absolutely sure that I got correct and hence, with the passing score (assumed 70% right to pass at the time)

couple of the question I need to guess (50/50 since I ruled out two wrong answer) and one I had no idea how to do (it's about a beam deflection-I beam with 3 supports (one at center & two at the side) with a load on top-asked to calculate the deflection & answer are like 0.1xxxx, 0.2xxxx, 0.3xxxx & 0.4xxxx, not smart enough to do a 50/50)

the survey was pretty easy as well, rather long exam though, 54 out of 55 I know how to do & was able to get the answer, 1 is about the volume and I ran out of time on that one.

Seismic was brutal (no f**king idea what I was doing) even I spent most of my time studying for it while preparing for the exam, I failed.

Had to take a class & re-take the second time & it went pretty smooth (no detailing at all when I took it the second time, could be the reason why I passed)

anyways, good luck to everyone how took it in April

One of the things that happens after Phase 4 is self-loathing, how you could have done better on one question and how you spent just sooooooooo lonng on another and question after question which you remember, you are in constant rant about yourself, finally convincing yourself, you deserve to go through all this and YOU are the only person who brought it upon yourself.

I enjoyed this phase a lot. Constant nagging about how I could have done it so much better

Back