Failure Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing PE is not the only thing in this world. I have been thru this last time and I was mournig for days before I started preparing for exam again. Don't be sad and work hard for next exam. Who knows I might be joining the club too.

Good luck.

OK, add me to the list. I too failed. But I have no excuse, studied like mad so that I wouldn't have to pay or spend the time again. Didn't work out. (ME PE exam)
Should change my screen name to enginfailed.
PE exams are only one part of your life and not your life itself.... If you fail, prepare for it again as best as you can and try for the second time.

Henry Ford: "Failure is simply the oppurtunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sometimes worry about if I've made a mistake in my work. I'm a geotech and our field is very new and not as standardized as structural, for instance. Soils are never uniform. So data on soils behavior is approximate at best.

So here's my point: the times I find out I was wrong about something (an assumption or even a calculation) just make me learn that much more about what I do in the field. Those failures honestly really really make me a better engineer.

So, hang in there and keep learning the field. Good luck to you. I hope the next time is it!

OK, add me to the list. I too failed. But I have no excuse, studied like mad so that I wouldn't have to pay or spend the time again. Didn't work out. (ME PE exam)
I failed last fall and am now waiting on results from the spring exam. I have taken it twice where others I work with just talk about it. Start studying now and before you know it fall will be here and it will be over.

[SIZE=18pt]NO!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]You can't think like that. I know how hard it is. I took EIT twice and PE 4 times, but I finally made it. I know what a bummer it is. I understand being discouraged, but not for long. You've got to take it again. We're cheering for you. [/SIZE]

Come on. :) It's not the end of the world. You have another chance. Right?

How many people felt confident that they had passed when they left the April 2009 exam?

You know the guy sitting by me in the exam came in late with a bookbag with like 4 books ....he looked like he just woke up and didn't even return after lunch...the point is he guaranteed himself a failing score. So if you failed its because you need a better test taking strategy...or you just didnt study, either way you know what to work on for next time.

you took it in Maine and already know you failed? when did you get your letter? i'm still waiting on mine, they supposedly mailed them out today...

Add me to the list of multiple failures :( I don't really work in engineering anymore, but I would like to pass it to say that I did. Torn on whether or not to retake it in October.
CEJen - Don't let October slip by - TAKE IT AGAIN!!

Failed the FE for the 2nd time! Now I get to start preparing again for round three!
Don't give up...One of my classmate in college that his gpa is much higher than me that took him 4 times and this Oct. 2009 will be his 5th times.

Another classmate has lower gpa than I do in the college that he pass in the first try....

Therefor don't worry too much...

Don't give up...One of my classmate in college that his gpa is much higher than me that took him 4 times and this Oct. 2009 will be his 5th times.
Another classmate has lower gpa than I do in the college that he pass in the first try....

Therefor don't worry too much...
I took the FE for the sixth time in April - and I'm STILL waiting not to patiently for my results! I really hope I don't have to be there a 7th time but don't give up!!

I was very confident this time but I'm back to the books for a fifth time. I guess I need to provide some sort of proof that I'm eligible to take it this next time. Either some college courses, PE review, or tutor. I'm not sure where to find a course for the Computer-Electrical exam and have not seen one in the past. I'm starting to think that the makers of this test don't seem to care about minority of us that are willing to head down this path.

I was very confident this time but I'm back to the books for a fifth time. I guess I need to provide some sort of proof that I'm eligible to take it this next time. Either some college courses, PE review, or tutor. I'm not sure where to find a course for the Computer-Electrical exam and have not seen one in the past. I'm starting to think that the makers of this test don't seem to care about minority of us that are willing to head down this path.
hang in there. You sound determined. What ever you do... don't give up!!

:smileyballs: Failed ... 1st try. Civil PE construction. I don't think I am going to try again. Project management is what I like to do and I don't need a PE for that. Good luck everyone!!!!

:smileyballs: Failed ... 1st try. Civil PE construction. I don't think I am going to try again. Project management is what I like to do and I don't need a PE for that. Good luck everyone!!!!
Nothing worst than loosing your hope and confidence..... that too after first trial... Comeon I know you are better than that.....

C'mon don't be a quitter! You know what the test is like so study your weak areas you'll do fine next time. Years from now when you need your PE for a different job you'll be kicking yourself since you were so close.

I felt the same way after failing in April 2008. I couldn't pull myself together for October, but decided to study over the winter for the April 2009 exam and passed. I was much better prepared the second time. I knew what to expect and was able to manage my time better and focused on my weak areas from the previous exam. It was torture to hit the books again, but once I got going it was okay. It is such a valuable professional credential and you are so close - give it some time and reconsider taking it again. (I am mainly a PM too and work in the consulting industry right now at least... the PE is going to open some doors for sure).

I felt similarly about the environmental exam - I think they really need to update the study/reference material. There were no courses offered for this discipline. This past exam I used a self study course through the University of Delaware. They seem to have an electrical review course. http://www.engr.udel.edu/outreach/short-co...view/index.html

I was skeptical at first, but it was very helpful and I do think having worked through the course is a big part of the reason I passed this time. I was so overwhelmed by all the material potentially on the environmental PE... it helped me stay on track and the DVDs were well done.

Latest posts

Back